why am I continually booted from greased lightening

CordeliaDeLear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It is an age thing from the message but SL does nothing to enable me to overcome it. When it has happened attempting to go to other locations it comes back with a link that has a set of 3 numbers similar to an IP address (yes, shorter) but that takes me nowhere.

I was invited to the club by friends and was there for about 10 minutes and got booted for the same sort of thing and now I can't go back there. Is there no definitive explanation anywhere?  

Update: Thanks but it was as simple as not having selected Adult in "I want to access content rated:" on Preferences under Me on the main menu. Sometimes it is the simple things :) I'm more concerned that the supposed link takes you nowhere and, as a newbie, I end up in a kind of limbo.

2 answers to this question

It's nothing personal.  You were just born yesterday.  Many landowners in Adult regions block all residents who have been in SL for less than a month.  It's their defense against the most annoying griefers, who usually get bored or banned within a month.  So, wait until March and you should be able to get to that destination just fine.  Meanwhile, explore the rest of Second Life.  There's a lot out there.

• Like 1

Cordelia,

I work at Greased Lighting and yes they have a new Avatar account age waiting period before you are allowed to partake of their region and entertainment. This was implemented because of a large number of griefer attacks where new avatar accounts were used to promote the attacks.

With an avatar account rez-date of January 31, 2016 you'll be ineligible for access for at least 14 days as I recall.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. You get a nice message from our bouncer bot regarding the minimum avatar account age you will need to be to re-enter.

You'll find Greased Lightning a fun & crazy place once you are old enough to enter.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.