Who are the famous people in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes yes yes. You intentionally put yourself across as such an obnoxious person that you are bound to get written about by one or two SL bloggers, and I do admit that you really are famous - amongst those one or two SL bloggers and the few people who read them :D

Naturally, they don't constiture the population of SL, but who cares. You can have your moment of fame within those few people ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SkillsFurrystorm wrote:

Jumpman Lane wrote:

I am really really really famous hehehehe

Lol funny stuff coming from the guy caught buying fake twitter followers.

If Jumpy is famous for anything it's as a famous example of incompetance and ridicule. Kind of like the Maxwell Smart of Second Life.

He was? :smileyvery-happy:

Hehehehehe lotsa people read every WORD of Prok's then pretend not to read Prok at all lol.

My original Twitter account was banned for "over-memeing" a BBC correspondent during one of the many Twitter Wars I've waged. Turns out this particular BBC correspondent was a SNITCH.

MANY of the Jumpman Lane Twitter accounts are fakes. I never purchased followers. Lmao. The guy who snitched out my old Jumpman Facebook seemed to think every Twitter account bearing my name is Meeeeeee hehehehehe. I'm sure the guys a sap!

Jumpman Lane wrote:

Hehehehehe lotsa people read every WORD of Prok's then pretend not to read Prok at all lol.

My original Twitter account was banned for "over-memeing" a BBC correspondent during one of the many Twitter Wars I've waged. Turns out this particular BBC correspondent was a SNITCH.

MANY of the Jumpman Lane Twitter accounts are fakes. I never purchased followers. Lmao. The guy who snitched out my old Jumpman Facebook seemed to think every Twitter account bearing my name is Meeeeeee hehehehehe. I'm sure the guys a sap!

I used to read Prok occasionally but it's been a while.

It's hard to **bleep** to all that verbiage.  ;)

What's an old hippy to do?

Ah, Jumpy. Nice to see you here. You've got my vote.

Some other famous ol' timer are:

- JR Unknown

- Nephilaine Protagonist

- Suspiria Finucane

- Avi Arrow

- Fallingwater Cellardoor

- June Dion

- Ameshin Yossarian

- Sythia Veil

- Etain Peregrine

- Karsten Rutledge

- Random Calliope

- Dexter Bachman

- Mhaijik Guillaume

- Nona Hedges

No doubt, I'll think of a dozen more the instant I post this. Such good memories.

Prok's Mimi map faux pau is due to Prok's general lack of tech know-how. Remember all Prok's trouble with her Sion chickens falling dead? Prom blamed GRIEFERS. Hope the ol' Prokstar is feedin her c. cLine-made cats. Those things are ADORABLE. (My gf AF has a giant pink one named Cuddles) :P

fame is an indicator of how impressive you are, if you have done something very unusual people would most likely talk about it, and who did it, and if the same person does other impressive things, that person would be regonized as a person to pay attention to, for good or bad, that means that that person is impressive, if you are an impressive person you will be known widely by word of mouth, thru different media, to the people that have access to that media or know someone that talks knows about you, the more unusual and impressive you are, the more likely your reputation is going to spread.

it's fair to measure your level of notoriety based on the number of people that have access to the information about you, for example Hamlet Au is well know between people that search for news about Second Life on the web, for his dedication and constantly providing information, he has gain notoriety, and that makes him a person to talk about. your level of notoriety between certain circles should define how impressive you are, like Strawberry Singh in the fashion industry, and even if the circle is small, if you are regarded highly, that's what it counts, it's the quality that matters, not the quantity.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Ah, Jumpy. Nice to see you here. You've got my vote.

Some other famous ol' timer are:

- JR Unknown

- Nephilaine Protagonist

- Suspiria Finucane

- Avi Arrow

- Fallingwater Cellardoor

- June Dion

- Ameshin Yossarian

- Sythia Veil

- Etain Peregrine

- Karsten Rutledge

- Random Calliope

- Dexter Bachman

- Mhaijik Guillaume

- Nona Hedges

No doubt, I'll think of a dozen more the instant I post this. Such good memories.

Hi Deltango!  One of your names was a forum troll who attacked people.  I don't think that classifies as 'famous".  First they're only known for being a pain in the ass, second, outside of the old forums, no one knew who they were. 

(Also, if forum trolls are to be added, there's even bigger names, than the one on your list!  *laughing*)

Oh, and good to see you posting.  ; )

And that's the whole point. None of the names in that list are famous in SL, or even infamous in SL. I've been in SL for over 9 years, and in the forums for most of that time, and I recognise only one of them, and that's a name I know from the forums. I can guarantee that, take any name in the list and wander round SL, saying something like, "I was talking to <name> <name> the other day", and the respone would be "Who?"

There are no famous people in SL. What Deltango has done is post a list of people he remembers from way back, from the circles he moved in, but that doesn't make any of them famous in SL. They are only well-known in the circles he frequented.

Sigh, why the biterness?

- JR Unknown (one of the first big mainland realestate agents specializing in 40/40 sims)

- Nephilaine Protagonist (PixelDolls, one of the first big fashion houses)

- Suspiria Finucane (active member of the fora, RL musician and designer)

- Avi Arrow (one of the first big mainland realestate agents, now active with the Ivory Tower Library of Prims)

- Fallingwater Cellardoor (Shiny Things, one of the first big fashion houses, still active)

- June Dion (BareRose Tokyo, one of the first big fashion houses, still active)

- Ameshin Yossarian (Curious Kitties, one of the first big fashion houses, still active)

- Sythia Veil (Unveil, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' designers, sadly gone)

- Etain Peregrine (Dark Eden, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' designers, still active)

- Karsten Rutledge (KR Engineering, the king of inworld games)

- Random Calliope (Random Calliope, SL's top jeweler, sadly gone)

- Dexter Bachman (Dexter Bachman, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' jewelers, still active)

- Mhaijik Guillaume (Mhaijik Things, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' jewelers, still active)

- Nonna Hedges (Nonna Hedges, one of the first big fashion houses, retired)

Any resident active in SL in 2006 would know many of these names. It was not meant to be a comprehensive list. Obviously, many 'stars' of SL are missing and most big-name posters are long gone to SLU. It sprang off the top of my head. It was meant to be fun, a trip down memory lane, not a debating point.

I'm not bitter. What makes you think I am? What is there for me to be bitter about? I'm being factual.

The thread question is, "Who are the famous people in Second Life?". It's not, "Who are the people who you know of in Second Life?". You can take any of the names in your list, wander round SL and say to people, "I was talking with <name> <name> earlier ...", and the response would be "Who?". They are merely people who you know, or know of, and, of course, others know them too, but not to the extent of being famous in Second Life. I've been in SL for over 9 years and the only name I recognise in your list is Suspiria, and that's only because she posts in the forum I frequent. Many people are well-known in the forum, but none of us them are famous in SL.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Sigh, why the biterness?

- JR Unknown (one of the first big mainland realestate agents specializing in 40/40 sims)

- Nephilaine Protagonist (PixelDolls, one of the first big fashion houses)

- Suspiria Finucane (active member of the fora, RL musician and designer)

- Avi Arrow (one of the first big mainland realestate agents, now active with the Ivory Tower Library of Prims)

- Fallingwater Cellardoor (Shiny Things, one of the first big fashion houses, still active)

- June Dion (BareRose Tokyo, one of the first big fashion houses, still active)

- Ameshin Yossarian (Curious Kitties, one of the first big fashion houses, still active)

- Sythia Veil (Unveil, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' designers, sadly gone)

- Etain Peregrine (Dark Eden, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' designers, still active)

- Karsten Rutledge (KR Engineering, the king of inworld games)

- Random Calliope (
Random Calliope, 
SL's top jeweler, sadly gone)

- Dexter Bachman (Dexter Bachman, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' jewelers, still active)

- Mhaijik Guillaume (Mhaijik Things, one of the first high-quality 'boutique' jewelers, still active)

- Nonna Hedges (Nonna Hedges, one of the first big fashion houses, retired)

Any resident active in SL in 2006 would know many of these names. It was not meant to be a comprehensive list. Obviously, many 'stars' of SL are missing and most big-name posters are long gone to SLU. It sprang off the top of my head. It was meant to be fun, a trip down memory lane, not a debating point.

I have heard of four on that list. * I can think of a lot of others, tho. Anshe, Ina, Hamlet, Barnsworth, Stroker, Aley, and that one who made the amazing wand of some sort, all come to mind.

I am on Proks Mal FIC list for allegedly having "the loudest voice on the forum" (if you can believe that) but I don't think her lists have had much impact on the extent of my "fame". 

* I was thrilled when Nonna became a customer not long ago, I used to visit her store just to admire her beautiful furniture.

I recognize most of those names. I guess it all depends how long one has been in SL. Boardman sim, for example, was once a real marketplace. Now it's a deadzone. The hub at Miramare was once choked with residents. Ahern was like the back streets of Calcutta or Cairo, though far more rowdy. I recently met the alt of a former LL employee. It was great fun to catch up on old times and get confirmation of what was going on inside the company when things started going south in 2007-2008.

I remember LL posting almost daily back in 2006. The forum was hot. Anyone remember Argent Stonecutter? You didn't want to mess with him. Still, it was a lot of fun. There were some amazing threads, clever and artistic, to offset the political slugfests. I didn't join the mass exodus to SLU. One does get tired of headbanging. Also, it was about that time that LL severed relations with their residents. It was a frustrating and depressing couple of years. Broke my heart. Anyway, nice to see some familiar names still here.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Unless I've confused her with someone else or she's lying, she now has a chain of RL stores in the US.

Perhaps we're talking about different people. 

But, I was referring to an avatar with initials:  SF.   She made tacky crap inworld, and if she's a RL designer, I'm the Queen of Sheba.  As for singing, I'd have to hear it to believe it.  (There's singing,... and then there's singing in tune!  ; )  Maybe she plays a musical instrument, but considering her fabricated BS that was spread on the old forum, I have doubts as to what level of profiency there may be. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.