Maitreya Mesh Body HUD and Skin problem

KPXValkyrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone :)

Sorry to ask noobish questions but I am currently stuck in the process of trying to customize my avatar and information can be tough to find.

So today is my second day in Second Life and I decided to take the plunge and pick up the Maitreya Lara mesh body. Prior to buying the body, I read several reviews online, and watched some videos on youtube before settling on the Maitreya body. I also read the guide here: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/848-2/

For the most part I've been able to figure everything out with no issue. Except for the main body HUD. No matter how many times I add it and remove it, and restart my viewer (Firestorm) I can't get the HUD for the body to display at all. The lingerie HUD that allows me to select colors for a bra and panty set that came with the body shows, even in areas where scripts are disabled oddly. But the color selections seem off, as many are just gray when they're meant to be green, pale yellow, or peach/tan in color. I'm not really sure what is going on with the HUD for the body itself. I've visited several different areas that allow scripts and still nothing happens when I add the HUD. I've also tried selecting "wear" to apply the HUD and selecting a specific "Attach to" location on my HUD. Nothing happens or changes.

As for the skin problem I've been having, that is another issue I'm kind of at my wits end trying to figure out. I can get the body installed and working fine. I've even been able to customize my shape. But the skin on my avatar's head, face, and about half of her neck  is several shades darker than the skin on my body. I haven't been able to get into the HUD to try changing the skin color on the body, so I'm not sure if this will be a non-issue once I get the HUD working or not.

Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

Also, if anyone can suggest some good places to change, that would also be very much appreciated. Maybe I just haven't found the right sandbox with the right permissions to use my HUD in.

Thanks in advance. :)

I can't help with the HUD, but with the skin:

Are you using an applier? Most current skins come with applier or have appliers you can buy at their store. This way you don't have to play around with colours, because the applier puts the same skin texture on the body as you are wearing on your normal avatar parts.

For the HUD I would simply contact the creator.

The HUD might be positioned outside the viewable area of your screen. Try wearing the body HUD and then wear another HUD that is viewable like that lingerie hud. Right click on the visible HUD and choose edit. You should see blue green or red move arrows on the HUD. Scroll your mouse wheel to zoom the HUD screen in and out. You should see the visible HUD shrink when you zoom out. Hopefully you will see the body HUD appear outside of the normal view area and you need to select it and drag it to the center using the move arrows.

First, join the Maittreya Lara Friends group for help. This is a friendly support and chat group. The Maitreya VIP group is for store customers and gives you points toward discounts when you buy items inworld while wearing that group tag.

To try to reposition your HUD, right click on the one you're wearing from Inventory, then repostition or rotate it with the Edit function.

Grey textures may mean they're slow to load.

The reason your head and body don't match is probably because you're wearing a system skin that doesn't match the skin on my mesh body. You can either adjust the color of the skin that comes in the HUD manually or buy a skin that comes with a Maitreya applier. You could also buy a skin that comes with an Omega applier, but then you'll need to buy an Omega relay to use it with the Maitreya HUD. Some skins stores have free group gifts that include Maitreya appliers. Try Lumae for their free group gifts.

Btw, you don't have to wear a mesh body all the time. If you wear mesh clothing, the body will be hidden under it anyway, so you get the shape of the clothing, not of the body underneath it.

To find places where you can rez & dress for free, Search for Moderate or Adult sandboxes, Dressing Rooms, and Help areas that may have dressing rooms. There are also sims that allow group members or anyone to rez items, but you usually have to look hard to find these. One is Funky Monkey'Ville. The existence of nice areas where anybody can rez and dress isn't well know to most new SL users, but finding them can be a fun adventure.

Be sure to pick up the Omega kit from Omega Solutions. The group is free and it's 50L for the kit for group members. You wear that hud and it will allow you to wear Omega appliers, which open up another avenue of skins. There are a lot of skin makers that just make the Omega appliers for skins. When you use a skin applier, you need to buy the skin as well to cover the head. The Maitreya hud comes with the appliers compatible for Glam Affair skins so you can buy the GA skin or check other vendors.

Also, check your LOD and try raising it. I have mine set at 2. The outside the visible area is also a good place to look. The Omega support group can help too.

• 6 months later...

JEEBUS *CRIPES*, People....You are all talking *around* the Frickin' issue...For the *love* of all the Ghodz...will *SOMEONE*PLEASE* provide a *simple* RGB chart for the Default Maitreya Body Tints? ...IS THIS *DIFFICULT*...?

(FWIW...I, too... am [finally, after 10 years]...dealing with the same issue)

KPX's problem was that she could not get to the color picker tab at all.  That was the issue.  What you are asking is a tangent and yes, it is "that difficult."  There is no single RGB for a skin.  However if you want a simple way to match it up, buy Glam Affair.  The Maitreya included skins are Glam Affair's skins.  You can even pick up GA's fantasy skin tones free for Maitreya bodies.

If you still feel the need for an RGB value, turn on Develop > Show Info > Show Color Under Cursor

For the HUD issue -- you might try getting a NEW hud by using the REDELIVERY system in the store. HUDs can get turned around and last night I opened two sets of props from different pose makers and the attachment points had been "lost" somehow which makes me think there was some issue last night in the database. OLD prop attachments worked just fine so not a ME thing.  

You SHOULD end up with a gray square button on your screen that you click to open the complete (large) hud.

And so far as skin matching. The bottom line is that you EITHER need to buy Glam skins that match the default Lara skin tones, buy a skin with appliers for Maitreya, or wear a choker necklace - scarf etc. Since the tones of the skin near the neck are NOT the same, they will never match all the way around correctly unless they are MADE too by the skin designer :D.  

The color under cursor RGB does NOT solve that issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.