Can't rez objects in my home.

STS26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

"Can't rez object...in region Hibou because the parcel is too full". 

Region capacity:  91 out of 117 (26 available)

Parcel land capacity:  117

Owned by parcel owner:  91

Set to group:  0

Owned by others:  0

Selected/sat upon:  0

What's the deal? 

UPDATE - I'm trying to rez a pair of mesh boots.  Not sure how many prims, but 26 seems high. 

4 answers to this question

There are a couple of possibilties:

1,  This is the easy one. You still have 26 units of your Land Impact allowance left, but you are trying to rez something that will require more than 26 L.I.  The servers won't let you do that.  The only solution is to take enough things back to inventory so that you have more free L.I. capacity. Staying within a L.I. budget isn't easy, but it's doable.  Maybe even character-building, who knows?  Shop for items that have the lowest L.I. you can get and still accept the quality.  You'll be surprised at the fantastic stuff that has remarkably low L.I.

2. You are rezzing something that is close enough to the edge of your parcel that it will lie partly on your neighbor's land if the servers let you do it.  So they won't.  Stand near the middle of your home and try again.

There are other possibilities too, but those are the most common ones.  If they don't work, come back, edit your post, and we'll try something else.

STS26 wrote:

[ .... ]

UPDATE - I'm trying to rez a pair of mesh boots.  Not sure how many prims, but 26 seems high. 

It does seem high, but not impossibly high. Some people who create mesh clothing are much sloppier than they ought to be, because they know that the L.I. won't make any difference when their creations are worn.  L.I. only counts on rezzed objects.  You can find out what the L.I. of those boots is by rezzing both of them in a sandbox somewhere and then selecting them with your Edit tool.  The L.I. is on the General page of the editor.  You may be really surprised when you discover how heavy they are.

Fortunately, you don't need to rez boots.  You just wear them, so this is a non-problem in the end.  Still, any boots that are complex enough to have a high L.I. will also have a high rendering cost, which means that they may not look right to some people when you wear them.  Take a look at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-Rendering-Complexity/ta-p/2967838 to see what I mean.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.