I am crashing every time I try to upload a photo. Why and how do I fix it?

Camille Smythe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Camille.

You didn't say what operating system you are on or which viewer you are using, but this sounds a lot like an issue I had on my Mac, using Firestorm.  I fixed it by changing the way I was displaying the contents in the directory I was uploading the photos from on my Mac.  Once I changed the directory to display the contents in a list format, I was able to upload photos without it causing the viewer to crash.

If you aren't using a Mac, hopefully someone else will have some information that will be applicable to your system.

ETA:  If you need to add more information to your original post, there is a choice for editting your post under the Options dropdown (top right corner of your post).

• Like 4

found a solution to my problem. you have like 10 seconds to find the pic you want, and upoad it. i managed this. but if you aren't quick enough it'll crash your profile and you have to start again. it's like pic load has a limited amount of time.

That's not a limit in SL. It's most likely an overload limit in your laptop or its graphics card (if it even has a graphics card rather than a simpler chip on the motherboard). If you try to do too many graphics-intensive things and your system isn't built to handle the load, it will start shutting down offending applications to save itself from overheating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.