Do we own the air space as high as it gets if it is within our parcel?

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not to be snippy, but just to present an alternate point of view, - but I want to enjoy the view I'm paying for in SL. The land I own is on the coast, & I've landscaped it to look like a Northern Califorian coastal region.  From my front yard I can view headlands with meadows, coastal pines, golden poppies, purple ice plants & surf crashing on the rocks in the sea.  From my back yard I can see a a duck pond, blackberry bushes, a hill covered with golden poppies & a little white Victorian house on the top of the hill. From my side bedroom window I can see my neighbor's garden & pond. From the other side of my house I can see buildings that also fit well into this environment. I pay $40/ month for tier, to recreate a part of the RL world that I can't visit easily in RL.  If I didn't care about my view, I might be happy in a sky box a 1000 m up in the sky, but that isn't the experience I want from SL.

Lag is not a big problem for me either.

. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Belleville/120/65/106

Briar Rose coast 2.jpg

Poppy Hill at Briar Rose.jpg

Sorry, you're wrong.  There is no guaranteed right of passage over privately owned land.  I've been bumped off by security orbs, full parcels, and banlines.  It's not very neighborly, but it's the landowner's choice.

To the OP's neighbor:  When rezzing prims in the sky, first set out marker prims at the corners of your parcel, and raise them up to the height where you will be working.  This way, you can keep your builds inside your own borders.

In your position I would do as has been suggested - IM the megaprim owner and politely ask for it to be removed from your land. If you don't get any response in a week or so, IM again and also send him/her a notecard. If that fails, then AR it - there's an "encroachement" AR category for exactly this sort of thing. Don't expect the AR to be dealt with in a hurry. It may be, but don't expect it. If it isn't, then AR it again after a week and then increase the AR frequency until it's daily and even more than once a day.

That's what I had to do when I had the same problem. I ended up writing to the AR team's manager and the prim was gone within minutes - with an apology. After the first couple of ARs, I adopted the attitiude that, as I don't have full use of the land, I am not getting what I pay for - and I insist on having full use of it.

Hopefully, it won't get to those lengths with the prim on your land, but I wouldn't settle for it being there - especially not when it's preventing you from doing what want to do.

Updated news: I have moved out from my tiny parcel and bought bigger ones on the coastal side of Corsica. Not only that, my new neighbour is a kind and generous person who offered to terraform his parcel or create a bridge over his land so I can walk across to my other parcels. I love my new place... I can now skydive from the maximum height! (You can actually read the latest mishap of my mainland adventure in "OK I did something stupid" thread).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.