Playable Sims?

Tyrian Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!  I'm looking for playable sims.  By "playable" I mean ones that have a storyline you can walk through and follow to their conclusion, or where you can "play" something with a certain goal in mind.  One example of playable sims I have found would be the Avalon sim quests, and another is the avaria crafting system (which no longer exists, sadly). 

I'm an adventure gamer at heart, and SL seems like it'd be a wonderful place to develop something like that, but I'm having a hard time finding it. 

Thank you for any help!

Tyrian Slade

Hiya Tyrian :)

There are a few that I am aware of, though I don't know if they still exist...

MadPea has a few, my fav was the Kaaos Effect.

Then there is The Pot Healer Adventure http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Numbakulla/215/18/22

Or more SciFi, the Doomed Ship at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Doomed%20Ship/127/10/414

And of course the good old Chakryn Forest.

That's the ones I am aware of anyway.

Jenni

There have been some 'game-sims' during my time in SL, but I don't really ever looked into them. I am more for RP and while there is rarely a RP sim that follws a set story (with so far the exceptions being Battlestar Galactica RP sims, that followed a storyline loosely based on the show from the destruction of the colonies to the point of finding a new home. I took them more then a year to get thrugh it and seemed to have been lots of fun) they actually allow you to create a story and quests for yourself.

So go to the sim with the setting and community you like best, create your own quest and play on. Usually there will be people who become parts of your RP because you will find them neccesery to get to the goal you have set for yourself and when interacting with them, you will become part of their personal quests.

But of course it is diffeent then following a pre set quest and needs a bit more work ... but what can I say .. I love to do it ^_^

@ Tyrian

I'm in a new time travelers RP group which will be traveling to multiple sims to collect items. Being allowed to play in these other sims & finding these items will require each player to follow the rules of each sim, wear appropriate clothing, possibly join their groups & learn how to use their huds, & sometimes to make allies which may not know our true motives.

To me this sounds like a quest.  Are you interested? 

The group is the "Society of Temporal Sojourners", based in New Barataria, lead by Caesin Skall. Our cover there is that we are a Historical Society. Creating your own back-story, finding us, & making contact are part of the quest.

If you don't wish others to know you're in this secret society of time travelers, you can hide your group membership in the group settings. (Breaking the rules of other sims is grounds to be ejected from the group, however.)

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.