How can I delete a HUD that manifested itself inworld and will not let itself be deleted?

Umaeril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought an object which comes with a HUD and also is made so that if you click the object you get a menu on screen.

What has happened is that an element of the menu, the color control sliders, has actually manifested inworld, in my home, It looks like a slider control panel and it has 10 LI. I am unable to delete it. I can even "take" it, but it leaves a copy behind.

I have logged in and out and waited but it is still hanging there in the air. Any thoughts on how I can delete it? 

I cannot figure out how to reply to this so this is my edit to say that finally I was able to delete the item. It did take some time and I am not sure why it finally deleted. Oddly I could not move it as it just copied when I tried that. A friend tried to return it and could not...but I was finally able to get rid of it.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

1 answer to this question

That's weird.  I would 1) carefully read any instructions that came with the item, and if that does not shed light on the problem, then 2) contact the item's creator for assistance.

In general, nothing can rez in world unless there is already some sort of object present.  What I mean is, things cannot just appear on their own.  There has to be a parent object that is rezzing the sliders you see.  However, this rezzer object might be very small, and transparent.

There are several tools that will help you find and delete or take it.  

• Make transparent objects visible with CTRL+ALT+T.  
  • Drag a selection window in the area where you think the thing might be and see if any tiny things get highlighted.
  • Use World/Show More/Beacons/Scripted Objects to help locate it.  
  • Use Build/Pathfinding/Linksets and search for an object that has the same name as the item you bought.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.