Idle avatars on ocean floors?

ChaseFaolan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They could be but generally bots don't have full profiles. 

Ocean floors are a good place to go if you don't want to be disturbed.  They may

• be people parked there while they play a HUD based game like "Tiny Kingdoms"
  • have cleared cache and relogged there and reloading thier inventories since there isn't much to rez at the bottom of the ocean and inventories load faster
  • just be people who don't have a home and are parked there while they are in IM's or sorting inventories etc.

Hang on to your tin foil hat ...

Let's say I had a list of user names.  The older the better.  Maybe the old Red Zone list when it was out in the wild or I look through Bloodlines' names.  Just some way of getting a few thousand legacy user names.

Next try to log on those accounts with the most commonly used passwords.  123456, password, etc.

Finally, log on with the ones you can, change their email to a hotmail with that account name and change the password.  You will now have a small army of seemingly legit avatars to use for your nefarious purposes.  Join and spam groups, rotate out at your club to make it look busy, sell them on craigslist or even leave them in the bottom of the ocean so people make up silly conspiracy theories.

Just a thought.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Let's say I had a list of user names.  The older the better.  Maybe the old Red Zone list when it was out in the wild or I look through Bloodlines' names.  Just some way of getting a few thousand legacy user names.

Next try to log on those accounts with the most commonly used passwords.  123456, password, etc.

Finally, log on with the ones you can, change their email to a hotmail with that account name and change the password.  You will now have a small army of seemingly legit avatars to use for your
nefarious
purposes.  Join and spam groups, rotate out at your club to make it look busy, sell them on craigslist or even leave them in the bottom of the ocean so people make up silly conspiracy theories.

Just a thought.

Now you wait just one minute Rhonda! Maddy, My Mistress in Crime, has registered the term nefarious  with the Intergalactic Trademark Office. You'll need to substitute another term in your sentence.

Might I suggest:

wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, egregious, heinous, atrocious, vile, foul, abominable, odious, depraved, monstrous, fiendish, diabolical, unspeakable, despicable

In its place?

Carry on....... :P

I spent a lot of time at the bottom of the sea when I was in between homes. Some people don't like it when you sit down there. One time a very large boat stopped overhead and started to sink. I was by a large rock and the boat sank to the bottom and bounced around some several times hitting the rock and valley walls I was in between. They never said anything, they just tried to crush me with their boat several times and then left when they couldn't get to me.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

They may
  • be people parked there while they play a HUD based game like "Tiny Kingdoms" 

"Tiny Empires" perhaps?

Not that I'm promoting that game or anything: I know nothing about it, other than the fact that a half dozen or so avatars with Tiny Empires-related profile Groups tend to cluster silently on, in, and around a water tower* on my home sim. Some of the female ones used to go bare-breasted, which wasn't the theme of the land group, so I kept IM-ing them to put on a shirt, before teleporting them back home. This went on for months, but eventually they started wearing clothes so they're welcome enough now, I guess, even though their total silence is a bit spooky.

_______

*Water towers or ocean floors. Hmm. Apparently these avatars need fresh, pure water to replenish their precious bodily fluids.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Finally, log on with the ones you can, change their email to a hotmail with that account name and change the password.  You will now have a small army of seemingly legit avatars to use for your
nefarious
purposes.  Join and spam groups, rotate out at your club to make it look busy, sell them on craigslist or even leave them in the bottom of the ocean so people make up silly conspiracy theories.

Just a thought.

Now you wait just one minute Rhonda! Maddy, My Mistress in Crime, has registered the term 
nefarious
  with the Intergalactic Trademark Office. You'll need to substitute another term in your sentence.

Might I suggest:

wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, egregious, heinous, atrocious, vile, foul, abominable, odious, depraved, monstrous, fiendish, diabolical, unspeakable, despicable

In its place?

Carry on.......
:P

"depraved"  I like that one.  It seems to fit me better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.