Those cars on the mainland roads. Grrrrrrr.

DrFran Babcock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In Azkul region, right next to the S@ss store entrance, you may enjoy being welcomed by an unplanned dump: almost a dozen of stacked scourgemobiles :womanmad:

Snapshot_251.jpg

And 3 extra ones on the other side of the rock face

Snapshot_253.jpg

How sweet! Now, tell me again how you intend to put all the blame on parcel tenants for that mess. Some people really seem to be out of this world, don't they? :matte-motes-sarcasm:

I'm very familiar with that location.

Did you check the land settings, it is NO-ENTRY.  It is impossible for vehicles to enter.

I've sent the land owner at least 3 IMs over the last few months suggesting they file a ticket and get their land fixed but they either never log in, or they like the vehicles there.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote: "Did you check the land settings, it is NO-ENTRY.  It is impossible for vehicles to enter."

It isn't. And we have discussed that fact before. Your scourgemobiles have a certain behaviour:
When going over a region border, these vehicles move rapidly from left to right and back. Shooting itself into No-Entry parcels.
The No-Entry function as well as ban lines are too slow to block objects, that have been shot at high speed into a parcel.
This effect is used by griefer devices to enter No-Entry parcels.
Solution: Prevent your scourgemobiles from doing that.
Oh, by the way, the land owner is not responsible. Clean up your act.

And since you are so proud of your programming skills, here is another trophy:

schrott.jpg

The scripts are so crappy, these things don't even manage to get out of their rez-station.
facepalm.gif

Let me get this straight...

It's the landowners fault that your items are littering up their land?

Tell me, did anyone ask you to use up LL resources on LL owned public ways? I STILL haven't seen one of these monstrosities after walking around on mainland for hours. Can someone send me some LMs to the affected areas?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Tell me, did anyone ask you to use up LL resources on LL owned public ways? I STILL haven't seen one of these monstrosities after walking around on mainland for hours. Can someone send me some LMs to the affected areas?

No its not the landowner's fault, it is a Linden bug, Linden's fault.  The landowner is the unfortunate victim of this bug.

Everyone uses LL resources, on every sim they visit.  Since when was that against the rules?

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

No its not the landowner's fault, it is a Linden bug, Linden's fault.  The landowner is the unfortunate victim of
this bug
. my scripted items.

Everyone uses LL resources, on every sim they visit.  Since when was that against the rules?

FIFY

public roads are paid for by LL.. therefore we can all use them equaly. private sims have their own resources that are theirs to use.  not yours.

Awww pity party, nowhere in the TOS does it say anything has to be realistic. Why don't you write your own self navigating script and walk an inch in my shoes.  No one else has been able to do it.  True it isn't perfect but it is the best there is. 

If my vehicles spin, jump, roll, spew smoke, park, fly, who are YOU to tell me what I can and can't do in SL?

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Awww pity party, nowhere in the TOS does it say anything has to be realistic. Why don't you write your own self navigating script and walk an inch in my shoes.  No one else has been able to do it.  True it isn't perfect but it is the best there is. 

If my vehicles spin, jump, roll, spew smoke, park, fly, who are YOU to tell me what I can and can't do in SL?

That's just it... no one asked YOU to do this.. YOU took it upon Yourself to litter the LL roadways with these idiotic vehicles. And when people complain about the litter  what do you do? YOU blame LL for YOUR vehicles problems. Do you know what would fix the issue in one simple step? YOU removing the rezzer.

If I went around orbiting people because the landowner didn't turn off push, whose fault would that be?

Here's an idea.. Why not sell your vehicles so people can choose whether they want to rezz one and have it take them for a ride around SL? You would make some money and also stop aggravating the general population of SL.

Ann ignores the reality that her product sucks to high hell and can't seem to fix any issues to keep them on the roads. She designed the product one way and won't look to try another, instead blaming LL instead of her lack of ingenuity for the dismal failure her vehicles are. She has found a place to dump her ugly crap and blame others for its failures.

Good for you Ann! You rubbed shoulders with Lindens and now you feel encouraged to continue flooding mainland with your garbage. Make sure to put this on your resume. Surely something to be proud of.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

You conveniently skipped the part where it ran into a building off the road. You have been ignoring this fact over and over. Instead you look to derail the conversation about us complaining about appearance, when it's their behaviour we are justified in discussing.

Yevad Doobie wrote:

Michael Linden at the Rail Community meeting (03-June-2011)
 regarding vehicle appearance
  • : Mild note #3: one area the Lab won't act on is the "appropriateness of appearance". 
  • : If a train looks like a potato with twelve noses and "eat at joes" written on it, that's fine with us (TOS-ly speaking). 

Try clapping with two hands Yevad.

What a great idea. 

In fact I give most of my vehicles away free but I do charge a one time fee to use the self navigating script.  To date I've given away over 20,000 vehicles and still averaging 10 to 15 a week.

I've only sold 312 licenses so not enough to pay tier costs.  As of today, I've had 93,687 different people ride the vehicles 256,358 times.  (I have names and UUID keys and LOTS of Lindens in that list).  Tips from passengers who appreciate the ride have fallen off to about L$1000 a week.

What have YOU done for SL?

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

What a great idea. 

In fact I give most of my vehicles away free but I do charge a one time fee to use the self navigating script.  To date I've given away over 20,000 vehicles and still averaging 10 to 15 a week.

I've only sold 312 licenses so not enough to pay tier costs.  As of today, I've had 93,687 different people ride the vehicles 256,358 times.  (I have names and UUID keys and LOTS of Lindens in that list).  Tips from passengers who appreciate the ride have fallen off to about L$1000 a week.

What have YOU done for SL?

how is that doing anything for SL? Seems to me you are causing problems rather than fixing them. If your vehicles have issues perhaps you shouldn't rezz them.. Yes yes, you say it's a land bug.. Who asked you to send them roaming SL?

I really want to know what dirt you have on LL. Anyone else would  have been banned long ago.

I've given enjoyment to as many as 250,000 passengers in SL.  What have YOU done tht involves even 250 people?

I don't know why you think I'm causing problems.  I don't have any problems.  When the landowners log in and get the information that their land has a bug they are grateful and thank me for the help.  So I've got no problem, Landowners have no problem (once they fix it), obviously the Lindens don't have a problem, it appears the only people with problems are a few self appointed SL police on this forum.

No one asked me to have vehicles roaming SL, I needed no invitation.  The Lindens not only provided roads but they set the specifications specifically to ALLOW unmanned vehicles to roam.  I don't have any LL dirt, I'm doing what they wanted in the first place.  They could easily stop it any time.  They provide excellent support, I've filed over 1,200 trouble tickets on road and land errors with response typically within 24 hours.

I do understand their reluctance to fix this land bug.  The bug is only infecting about 20 land parcels out of over 100,000, so it is not serious enough to expend the effort.  On the other hand they acknowledge the bug and do not issue encroachment tickets to owners of objects that do penetrate the land.

Meanwhild I relish the debate and it keeps the subject at the top of the fourm - the advertising is great, thank you.

Have you not seen the flood of images on this thread of YOUR vehicles piled up all over the place? 

You are awfully full of yourself, aren't you? There have been 200 hundred posts so far here, Most of which are complaints about YOUR vehicles. I have yet to see a single complaint about one of my creations  on these forums.

What have I done for the people of SL? My friends know how I am, I have probably given away over 10 thousand items over the course of my 8 years in SL. I would ask merchants if I could give their transferable items as prizes at the club i worked at. Most said yes, a few said no. Over the years i have probably spent over $5,000 USD on gifts for club patrons. Without ever getting a single complaint. I used to sit with a friend who was a mentor  on help island and give out items for free.. Buy things for new users. But i guess because I didn't flood the roads with autonomous vehicles that will shoot at you and run you off the road or crash into your house , you must be the better person.

I salute you Ann.. with a Bronx cheer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.