Seriously?!?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't expect a moderator to reply here.

Are you sure it's not this photo that keeps getting removed? https://community.secondlife.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/165655?lightbox-user-images=180676i53E9E8EB1D66BF54

If it is (and this is a photo that you uploaded four days ago...), my guess would be that it was removed for using LL trademarks without permission.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Using_Linden_Lab's_trademarks_and_logos

Worth mentioning, perhaps, these two statements from the forum's Community Guidelines.

We moderate at our discretion

We evaluate posts on a case-by-case basis and take into account the severity of the conduct and any history of past violations. Although we will make reasonable efforts to take into consideration the context and general sentiment of the blog or forum discussions, the
actions taken (or not taken) by Linden Lab and our moderators are at our sole discretion, and we may act without warning or explanation
. We provide the discussion areas of our sites as a service to Residents, and we will take the actions we deem appropriate to keep our sites a productive and enjoyable environment for all Residents.

And also...

We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
  • Posts that discuss or
    re-post material that has been removed
    or locked by a moderator

All bolding mine.

Might want to adjust your post to bring it into line with the rules here, else other things may go poof. My experience is that you may want freely, but posts like this are unlikely to yield positive results.

Replying to your original:

Um. To be fair... NO, they do not.

3. No Logo or Tagline Use. Do not use any Linden Lab logo, icon, slogan, or tagline. This includes, but isn't limited to, our Eye-in-Hand logo and our tagline "Your World. Your Imagination."

For our permission to journalists and media outlets to use the Second Life Eye-in-Hand logo in published articles, blog entries, and news programs specifically about the Second Life virtual world, see our License for Press Use of the Second Life Eye-in-Hand Logo.

http://secondlife.com/corporate/brand/trademark/unauthorized.php

Shannon Danick wrote:

However, this is a question that is viable.

Maybe read again. No questions appear viable when directed towards forum moderation processes, sorry.

I can only present my own observations based on examples of moderation here in the past - I highly doubt the image was removed because of the level of nudity. Are you sure this isn't a technical issue? Did you receive a PM'd warning (if yes, no need to post it - just asking for yes/no)?

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Shannon Danick wrote:

However, this is a question that is viable.

Maybe read again.
No
questions appear viable when directed towards forum moderation processes.....
I always question authority when something isn't right.

Are you sure this isn't a technical issue?
I have no idea. I'm not on the Forums enough to notice.

Did you receive a PM'd warning?
No, none.

Given that this is increasingly likely a technical issue, I've a hypothetical series of thoughts.

1. Community Guidelines state discussion of moderators decisions is disallowed.
  2. This thread may/may have contain/ed discussions of moderation.
  3. This thread has not gone poof.

Therefore...

Maybe this thread doesn't discuss a moderators decision at all, because no decision was ever made. The removal of your image is instead a discussion surrounding a mystery event that got mis-attributed in the opening post and The Powers That Be are instead enabling discussion (by leaving this thread open) so that a more correct conclusion can be uncovered, and so that your issue can be resolved.

My experience of the forum tells me that if point 2 is false, then this conclusion would be a logical line of thought - and something that I've seen here before. Many moderation decisions are accompanied by PMs explaining at least the portion of the Community Guidelines that wasn't being followed.

I leave as an exercise for the reader, whether or not logic is likely to be followed in this instance. I would expect that no definitive proof of any of this would be forthcoming, unless uncovered by posters here.

Just a theory. :)

It's probably a technical issue, one with which I was once afflicted.  After trying for days to figure it out on my own, I found that if I uploaded the picture directly to my forum badge using the upload link on that page, it would invariably disappear the next day.  It's seems that, apparently, uploading it from that page doesn't save it to your My Photos section.  But, once I uploaded it directly to my My Photos section, then chose it from there for use as my badge, it never disappeared again.  I suggest you try doing it that way.

...Dres

SirLeighBastard wrote:

Shannon Danick wrote:

Hmm. I've actually tried it both ways.

That won't impress Dres much.

***Call him, I am sure he can illuminate  your experience

I suppose you haven't heard... I lost my phosphorescent butt-plug months ago.

...Dres  (Don't ask me where.)

Shannon Danick wrote:

Hmm. I've actually tried it both ways. In fact, that pic is in my Images folder twice. It doesn't seem to stay when I do it either way.

The point is that the problem was a technical one.  Unlike you, I figured out how to fix mine without jumping to conspiratorial conclusions.  That sort of paranoia simply isn't healthy, sweety.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.