the living end

cosplayjones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sl can be useful to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons

i am rational enough to agree, and can see the good. but i also see the bad.

and there is something about sl that is of the antichrist.

i honestly believe we are living in the end of times. the real world is falling apart - why not the virtuall world too?

but i cannot claim to be some expert

in my last post, i said i had a dark dream, some of you mocked me, well i still beleive that

i think that nelson shelter is still coming and it will be terror and ruin

i cant convince any of you of my position. i dont have any answers, but i do ask you to consider what the end might be like, while there is still time

cosplayjones wrote:

sl can be useful to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons

i am rational enough to agree, and can see the good. but i also see the bad.

I don't think you are rational enough to decide which way a lift is going with three guesses.

and there is something about sl that is of the antichrist.

Please expand on this theory with details, I need a laugh.

i honestly believe we are living in the end of times. the real world is falling apart - why not the virtuall world too?

but i cannot claim to be some expert

So why should we take any notice?

in my last post, i said i had a dark dream, some of you mocked me, well i still beleive that

We still believe we mocked you, too.

i think that nelson shelter is still coming and it will be terror and ruin

i cant convince any of you of my position.

Correct

i dont have any answers,

Clearly

but i do ask you to consider what the end might be like, while there is still time

Ah, what the heck.  I'm feeling delusional; let's start a religion!

When I was 16 I was in a bad car accident.  While flying through the car between the first impact and the second impact, time slowed to a crawl and stopped.  In a tiny fraction of a second I existed in a timeless place where I heard the voice of god.  And she was crying.  She asked my why I had chosen the decisions I had made that night.  Why had I believed a self destructive life was a path to freedom?

I told her I had chosen recklessly in the hopes that I would cease to exist.  However in that moment my biggest concern was how my mother would feel when she heard the news that I was dead.  God asked me why, if I blamed my parents and hated them for what they did to me, both specifically and in allowance by turning a blind eye, why did I care?  Didn't I want to punish them?

I had to agree, the recklessness was my attempt to punish them.  But no one should out live their children. He was an abusive buck (spelled differently) and she was too wrapped up in denial and religion to see what he was doing  but she tried to love me and I could not fault her in that.

God told me that I had made the first step.  She said that giving myself and choosing to make someone else's existence on this world better was how we grow. She told me to love who I can; make myself into a better person so my gift to another is a greater gift of god's love.  She told me there was too much pain in this world I should not be adding more to it.

She said to me, "I love you."  Simple, plain and delicately spoken.  Then she asked if I liked hearing that.  I said it burned my heart, chilled my spin and filed me with fear and desire.  She told me the secret of love is understanding that it feels good to be loved.  So we should love another not for how it makes us feel but because we want the other person to feel loved.

It was then that she lifted me up until I was pressed against the roof of the car and time suddenly snapped back to normal.  I flew into the windshield and out of the car, glanced the top of the other car and rolled to a stop on the ground behind it.

If this is the end of days, do not face it with fear.  Find some to love.  Make them feel loved.  Make them feel better about themselves.  In doing that your soul will grow strong, healthy and ready for the next time around.  Maybe here or maybe on another world, but richer for the love you give away.

I'm not going to say anything about religion, but I will give some advice.

If you put so much energy and worry into thinking of an end, you forget to actually live. The simple truth is everything has an end. No one can stop that, but the one thing you can control is living in the time you have.

Whether it be in real life or in second life live it to the fullest.

Laugh as much as you can. Find joy in simple pleasures that this world provides. Read books, ask questions, surround yourself with people who truly care, and to whom you truly care for in return. Help others in need. Take time to stop and smell the flowers as they say.  Try to focus on and be thankful for the small things in our lives that are so easily taken for granted.

Try and leave this world better than what you found it.

Just live in the time you have and forget about the end because otherwise you are going to let that time pass you by. That would truly be a shame.

Hello

This is The Earth

So named by its current inhabitants

There are so many wonders here as to boggle the aware mind

A countless number of life forms have come into existence here, lived in the richness of Earths biosphere and perished

All that they were is used over and over to create more blooms of life

This is the way of creation, existence, ectropy, extropy and entropy

There is currently intelligent life here, although if you look close enough you'd likely change your opinion about that

Eventually in the fullness of time, the Earth will be no more

This shall occur billions of rotations about Earths star from now 

Earth will dissolve and be shared with the cosmos where it's component parts will be reused to create yet another object of beauty

Memories of Earth will live forever in the thoughts of those who have risen to a state of awareness that allows them to observe and appreciate the beauty of Earths complexity during its time. Those who have slipped the bonds of planetary and physical dependency and travel beyond creation.

~ the beginning

P.S. Some yahoo over there on one of  the green land masses thinks they have a clue about the universe and it includes a ticking time bomb of self destruction for this current bloom of life on Earth.

By comparison, a rank amateur on the cosmic scale of things...

cosplayjones wrote:

and there is something about sl that is of the antichrist

While I don't agree with the end of the world, I think you have just found the new name for Sansar.

Linden Lab proudly announces the next generation of virtual worlds: Antichrist.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.