Profile mystery. . . . .

Conifer Dada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last two days, if I want to open my profile in-world, I now have to log in using a log-in button on the top left of the profile window, which brings up a log-in page within the profile window.  I've never had this before in my many years in SL. The button has a padlock symbol on it.  As far as I know, I haven't altered any privacy settings or anything else.  I haven't received any notifications about this, either in-world or by email.  When checking other peoples' profiles I noticed that some open straight away and others have a padlock button like I have on mine.  

At first I thought this was a new feature but there seems to be no way of enabling or disabling the button.  I also logged a test alt in-world and the alt has no padlock button, their profile opens without needing to log in.

I'm just puzzled by why I should suddenly be required to log in to my own profile.  Maybe I've inadvertantly clicked something that's put the login on my profile.  Is there a simple way I can remove it?  

Conifer Dada wrote:

When checking other peoples' profiles I noticed that some open straight away and others have a padlock button like I have on mine.

I've seen that once recently too. The profiles we see inworld are actually web pages from my.secondlife.com and handled by the itnernal web browser and obviously what happens is that the log in data isn't always transferred between the viewer and the website. LL made some major changes to the way html is handled by the viewer recently so most likely that's where the bug is.

I'm having the same problem. I get a blank profile--not just not filled in, but with absolutely nothing in it but a generic silhouette for my profile picture and my login name. I usually have the padlock, and clicking any other button in the profile takes me to a login for My Second Life. I'd like my profile back!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.