Mesh stopped loading in every viewer. Suspected Windows 10 Update?

Kira Zobel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

One day it was working, and the next day all the mesh would load in large chunks and blocks.  This includes buldings, furniture, and even avatars.

I first noticed it in Firestorm, switched to the official viewer, same problem.  I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated graphics drivers, yet nothing gives.  I also crash at random.

Windows 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.63

Running on Nvidia GeForceGTX 960M

also have an Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I have tried both graphics cards and get the same problem, and while I've searched online, I can't find anybody in the same boat.  i appreicate any attempts to help!

EDIT: I had a friend try with the same windows version update, and we believe windows 10 update .63 is the cause.  Not sure how to proceed without a good restore point.  

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Hmmm... you don't both happen to be using Webroot antivirus software do you?

There have been a spate of reports over the last few days of corrupted mesh and texture loading and the one thing so far everyone has had in common is they are using Webroot antivirus software and the problem started after a recent Webroot definitions update.

The viewer logs we have seen from those suffering from this problem on Firestorm show the usual nasty symptoms when firewall/antivirus software is not compatible with Pipelining in the viewer.  Disabling Pipelining or disabling Webroot will fix this problem.

It would be great if you could file a JIRA issue and attach your viewer logs after running a session where you reproduce this problem. The viewer logs will easily show if it is the usual problem of Antivirus/Firewall + Pipelining incompatibility.

Once that's established, it can be investigated what's causing the problem on your system.

Instructions on how to file a Firestorm JIRA issue and where to find the viewer logs: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/file_a_jira

On the LL viewer, go to Help -> Report a bug, to file a JIRA issue.

Where to find logs on the LL viewer: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545#Section_.3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.