I really enjoy secondlife.

princessrosene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope I am downloading the secondlife installation from a legit official site. Looks like I have been a constant target for crashing and viruses! Even if I do want to clean my inventory, I crash before getting to do it. As a consumer that has also spent cash in this game, I will give my opinion and experiences as a way to help improve this game. I like it. There is room for improvement. One day the game will run smoothly for everyone without crashing and freezing. Bonus for content protection for consumers against those that like to bump and steal your avatars look and items! Since we use our real money to purchase some of those items, criminal charges should be brought against thieves. If they can't go to the redelivery terminals to prove they made a purchase but mysteriously have an item, then they should go to jail in real life. Make sure that the rede livery terminal can't be tampered with to falsely accuse anyone. Simple truth even in a computer game is why I like secondlife.

Some people think a redelivery terminal should redeliver everything they ever bought.

But they only deliver 1) copyable items 2) purchased through a vendor of the same brand as the redilvery terminal (eg Caspervend or Hippo).

You sound like someone who doesnt understand how things work but think your problems are due to people trying to cheat you. 

No one can steal your stuff, so I don't know what you are talking about there.  As far as your looks, you don't own the IP rights to how your avatar looks unless you have literally created the entire avatar on your own using your own textures, prims, mesh, scripts etc.  So really anyone can make their avatar look like yours without breaking any laws or the TOS.  The fact is that a lot of avatars look similar because they are following fashion trends etc. 

Not all merchants have redelivery terminals.  Terminals are not created by LL buy by other residents and there are a few brands out there.  As Pam said what existing terminals can redeliver is limited.  But it's all a moot point anyway as no one can steal anything from you.

Accounts can't be hacked or stolen but can be compromised if you give someone your password, accept an object then rez it and inadvertently gave permission to debit your account, or you clicked a link that took you to a phishing website. If it is the latter be sure to run a virus checker and anti malware program to rid your computer of anything that it picked up there.

As far as crashing, if you crash all the time something is wrong with internet connection or your computer isn't up to running SL.  You can't get a virus from SL either.  You can however click on links people put in chat that take you to websites that are not SL websites that give you viruses or malware etc. but that is your fault , not SL's.   Don't click links and you won't have a problem with this. 

For someone that has been around since 2013, you don't know much about SL.  It would be to your advantage to learn more about it before you post things that are entirely untrue and indeed impossible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.