More than 7k missing from my account after he was stolen. Can i have them back?

sunsad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

My guess is probably not, but you can ask. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

You will only get it back if LL is able to trace the money and retrieve it before it is cashed out.  Otherwise you are out of luck. 

Accounts can't be hacked but can be compromised if you give someone your password, accept an object then rez it and inadvertently gave permission to debit your account, or you clicked a link that took you to a phishing website that was able to capture your password. If it is the latter be sure to run a virus checker and anti malware program to rid your computer of anything that it picked up there.

Under Section 4.2 of the TOS you are responsible for keeping your account secure and are responsible for all activities done under your account regardless if legal or not or authorized by you.  It clearly states LL is not responsible or liable for any actions of a third party (the thief);

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.