HELP!! Maya Mentalray light map rendering with black grain all over it... WTF

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never had this issue before. I'm trying to get bake/light maps for several meshes today and maya has done this (see pic below) to 3 out of the 5 i'm trying to get done. I'm using Maya 2013 and I use Mentalray to render the bake maps. I've tried using different settings, that doesnt help. And the times it has rended the mesh out 'okay' the edges where I have the edge seams come out super grainy to the point where I can't even edit it in photoshop without it looking like a hot mess. 

Has anyone had this issue and if so how do I fix it??? I did have to reinstall Maya 2013 not too long ago and I havent messed with the default settings much at all, besides putting mentalray on what I normally would have it on. I must be missing something though?... HALP PLZ

>.> i had that problem along time ago with 3ds max 8,i forget what it was but somehow the menu regarding the UV map had become disordered

it might not be the settings.it could be the object itself.did you double check those texture coordinates?if the texture coordinates arent set right on the mesh it could break the texture in some cases,including but not limited to bake/light maps,specular maps,bump maps

Hmm I'll check it later but there were times that it came out fine it was just the edges were grainy and nasty but it didnt look like a black snake crawled up on my bake map haha. 

I've posted this on my facebook aswell and no one answered at all >....< RAWR but thank you for your response! Hopefully I can figure out what went wrong here. It's doing this on 4 of the 5 meshes im working on but I'm not doing anything different then I normally do. :/ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.