Functioning Roulette Game help

Hoot Wittels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's not the easiest first script to write.  llTargetOmega will make the wheel itself appear to turn (client side anyweay), but you need to also get a ball to run around a track and then drop into a bin on the wheel.  That would take a lot of clever thinking.  And then, of course, you couldn't use it as a real roulette wheel in SL because that would be a violation of the Skills Gaming policy and get you banned permanently. :smileyfrustrated:

And the script will have no way of knowing where on the spinning wheel the ball came to rest, as the viewer doesn't report the wheel's llTargetOmega orientation. The only way to really make both a ball and a wheel spin would be via actual rotations of prims, both of which would have to be constantly updated for deceleration (and the ball would, if I recall how it works, have to suddenly reverse direction once the relative velocity of the ball and wheel was low enough for the ball to "fall" into the bin. That sounds like a jerky mess.

I'd probably create a wheel with an invisible ball in every bin. The spinning ball image could actually be llTargetOmega spinning a prim with a motion blurred image of a ball on it. I might not even try to decelerate the rotation. At the moment the script determines it's time for the ball to fall, I'd make the spinning ball texture transparent and the appropriate fallen ball texture opaque, and hope that's enough to fool the eye.

"Not sure where to begin" first place to start is to write down what happens when the HUD is clicked, what options and what happens when an option is clicked, before i would even start to write the script. Rollig has a serious point, if Linden Labs determine that it could be used for gambling, even if you have no intentions of doing so, you could have your account closed and they could even do that two years later when you have forgotten all about it. Linden are rather irratic on such things.

Mads is the easyer way to go, visualy, tho i think the result would be rarther disapointing. But that is only my opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.