anyone know something about this AMPLIFIER script & how it works?

6b61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

{
state_entry()
{
//llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");
}

// touch_start(integer total_number)
// {
// llSay(0, "Touched.");
// }

link_message(integer s, integer n, string str, key id)
{
if(str == "AMPTHIS")
{
llLoopSoundSlave(id,1.0);
}else if(str == "DEAMP")
{
llStopSound();
}
}
}

3 answers to this question

Yes.

The meat of the script is this function call: llLoopSoundSlave. The rest is waste, leftover from the Hello Avatar template.

All it does is play samples on top of each other (using slave scripts) and waste processing overhead.

Please try to use the Insert Code button (it looks like "</>") in future, reading un-indented code is painful.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call that an amplifier so much as a repeater. For that script to work, there must be another prim within earshot that's playing something via llLoopSoundMaster(), as Freya mentioned. If you are trying to extend the range of a sound source, you'll have to consider how that source works. If it's constantly looping the same sound, then using llLoopSoundSlave() will work. Even if the master source starts and stops, so long as it plays the same sound I think this would work. Absent any master, the slaves would all go quiet and wait for a sync signal. When you start a master sound, they should all sync and play.

But, if the master sound source switches sounds (by starting and stopping llLoopSoundMaster() and changing the audio file/UUID), you'll have to arrange a synchronizing mechanism to inform the slave objects of the sound file/UUID change. I've not used this mechanism, but I think that if you broadcast a message to all slaves, giving them the audio fie name (which must be in their inventory) or a UUID to a sound file, the slave scripts can then fire llLoopSoundSlave() which will wait for a trigger from the nearest master. If you then start your sound via llLoopSoundMaster, I think all the slaves would start in sync.

You'll have to try it and listen.

Here's another page to read...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlLoopSoundMaster

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.