Is Adam the best Avatar that money can buy?

JakeArtist2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Best is in the eye of the beholder. Check out the Slink body as well. If you didn't grab it, you just missed the Adam head being given out free over the weekend. My male friends recommend the Aeros private parts. Adam and Slink, as well as Story Leaf and Immortals, are all Omega compatible. Demo and find the one you like.

Thanks for your reply Bobbie.

I just tried to unpack the boxes over the free Avatar I chose when I joined the other day and ended up having both Avatars and their clothing combined.

I did not follow your directions first, so now I am very confused, and my original Avatar is still holding the capsuel with Adams body inside of it.

Sorry , but I am a Newbie, with a couple of years experience with DAZ 3D and 3DxChat.

To shorten my learning curve to get in to the game and start meeting some people and having fun I was thinking I would like to start with a complete and new Avatar, then add a good **bleep** to him.

Can you suggest some complete Avatars that would make it easier for me to get started, and I do not care what they cost, at these resonable prises.

Thank you very much, and congratulations on all of your creations.

I made a living creating nude bronze and stone sculptures, along with nude figure drawings, for over 30 years, and am now retired having some fun with VR.

Ciao - Jake

keeping your own head makes your look unique, wearing a mesh head, like most others will make you one of the many. Even with different skins you will have the look like hundreds of others.

I have the TMP, Jomo, Slink and a few others... the Adam is what i like most. The alpha hud is very versatile, ánd biggest ++++ ... lot of normal sized mesh clothes will fit, or at least good wearable without too many gaps. Of course, as at all bodies, mesh or not, you will have to adjust the shape for that.

Another great thing ....omega compatible.

I just took the ADAM Demo and i am tempted to buy it. Problem is, it has no body hair and i don't like that :( Thats the only reason i am hesitating. For the rest, i would say, it is the best i have seen so far (I still do like my aesthetic but its so impossible to wear normal clothes with it because of the damn muscular back)

:smileyhappy: OK, I found my way into the Adam Store to the left and bought the Adam Head.

I installed it using the YouTube video.

The Adam Head looks great on the Adam Body, and it fit easily.

Now I have to hunt down a Male Thingy,  Blue Eyes, Hair, different stubble beard, and more.............. :smileyvery-happy:

I wouldn't suggest to most new SL users that they should buy a mesh avatar body or head right away, because they're relatively expensive and more difficult to use than standard bodies. They take more of your computer's graphics resources to render and their scripts can add to lag on a sim when there are multiple avatars wearing scripted & mesh items. To those who don't have better computers, avatars wearing mesh bodies, heads, body parts, and clothing will also inevitably look very weird while they're rezzing.

However, since you seem to be happy with the Adam body, I'll add that it seems to be easier to use than others. The hands and feet are connected to the body to begin with, so you only need to attach the body and wear the alpha layer that comes with it. I think (though I may be wrong) that it fits into standard mesh clothing with minimal alpha masking of the body. The HUD is also easy to use.

As was said above, you don't need to wear a mesh head - as long as you wear a matching skin on your system body to the one you apply to the mesh body. I think the Adam HUD has body hair options. Skin creators are also making Adam appliers with body hair options. I know 7 Deadly S{k}ins has some male skins with appliers for Adam.

Mesh bodies can look so much nicer than the standard system bodies, but this difference is most obvious when your avatar is naked or not wearing much clothing. If you're going to be wearing mesh clothing that covers most of your body anyway, you usually don't need to wear a mesh body under it, since the body will be hidden anyway.

I also think Aeros has the best male genital attachments. Here is their shop on the SL Marketplace and inworld:

Aeros - on MP    Aeros - in SL

Now that you have a body, you'll mostly likely want to find stylish clothes. I suggest joining the MenStuff group and doing their hunt that's going on now. There are 100 stores in the hunt, most of which have free prizes, 30 of which cost $L 1. You don't have to pick up any prizes you don't think you'll like though, since you can skip to the next store on the list. I always look around a store first to decide if I think I'd like their hunt prizes or not.

Here is the webpage for the hunt and where it starts:    MenStuff - Hunters info   The Stuff Lounge

Thanks for the great information Brier!:smileyhappy:

Now I have the mesh body and head so I will learn to use them, and I do have a good graphics card to handle it all, so far!

To bad the instructions and videos I have found, or that come with the Adam body and Head, are very poor.

Manufacturers and experienced players forget what it is like to be a Newbie and not know anything!

I am spending many hours looking at instructions eventually through trial and error figuring things out.

I am now trying to figure out how to use the color pallett for the "Real **bleep**". Maybe YouTube has a video.:smileyfrustrated:

For skin matching, if you are using the Firestorm viewer, you can turn on color under cursor and then choose the skin color in that same area. Otherwise there is a free program on the net called Color Cop that does the same thing. I actually use that rather than color under cursor since I feel I can get a more accurate placing. Anyway, either of those will give you the RGB numbers. Do remember that your parts probably should be at least 1 shade lighter rather than a direct match since, even if you were to spend time on a beach nude, that part doesn't have as many melanin producing cells so won't be quite as dark as the rest of your skin would be.

Here are some good YouTube videos about how to wear a mesh body.

Most vidoes are about female mesh bodies, but the basic principals are the same for male or female avatars.

From Noob To Wow - DorkBomb Second Life (from a mesh starter avatar to a Maitreya Lara body & Lelutka head)

(from a system body to an EBoy mesh body)

(from a system body to a Slink Male body)

(in Spanish)

(in Portuguese)

(from a system head to an Adam mesh head on an Adam mesh body)

Review Cabeza Mesh (chicos) ADAM /Review Mesh Head ( men ) ADAM/ Second Life (in Spanish)

Thanks Bobbie and Brier again for your excellant suggestions and help, I really appreciate it!:smileyhappy:

I finally figured out that since I chose to attach the Color Hub ( did not know what a Hub was for some time), to Adam's left foot to get it out of the way, the Hub ended up being under the floor, with just the black top showing, like a line. Since Adam is so tall the Hub was pushed down, so I tried levitating Adam up and yea there was the color Hub box to choose what shades I wanted for the genitals.

The Hub box was facing away from his family jewels so I had to turn him around to guess what color I wanted, then turn him back around to see the changes. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.