How to create a free baby/kid avatar?

ClementineP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know some people don't like child and babies avatar they think their perverted but I think it's kind of fun to play as one.

Anyways,

I recently made a child avatar thanks to someone in game helping me find  a free store I forgot the name of it..and can't find it again.

I'm still semi new to this game been playing off and on again since last year but still confused about a lot of things.

I didn't know you could change the height of the avatar by getting a shape.

Right now my child avatar is pretty ugly. Her face looks like an old woman all mashed together doesn't match with the rest of the body.

And clothes don't fit right idk how to fix it.

SHe looks kind of like a very small woman and not a child.

I can't find any baby avatar shapes.

I'm also searching for some teen shape also.

MP = Marketplace

It's the official website for merchants to set up a virtual shop out of the world (or grid as its called). Search for "child promo", "child freebie", or just "child" and on the left side of the page there will be a list that starts with 0L$. You want to select the line that is 0L$ - 10L$. Hope this helps out.

URL: http:\\marketplace.secondlife.com

First off, there is nothing perverted about playing a kid. The only people that have an issue with it are stupid grognards or those who use SL for cybersex. If you play a kid, own it and have fun.

When it comes to making a kid, there are basically two types. First you have Toddledoo, or TD. This is a mesh (externally 3d modeled) avatar that replaces your normal avatar. TD kids need special clothes that are rigged to fit their smaller body, since the scales for a normal body only go down so far.

The second kind is a standard body. This plays within normal SL scales and is thus easier (in many ways, at least) to find clothes for. Whether you are sticking with a "standard kid" shape or a mesh body for older kids, the effect is the same.

When it comes to standard bodies, you can only get so short and thus so young. SL really doesn't handle the scale extremes well, and I've found that about the youngest you can get is 8ish. From there, anything is possible; elementary aged kids, preteens, teens, and ever shape and size in between. The trick here is that you need to find or make a shape that has the right proportions. Sadly, a lot of people in SL make their avatar with really grotesque proportions (not just kids), and may shapes I've seen have tiny T-Rex arms. You also need a female shape (not hard), regardless of your gender, since males simply don't scale down that well.

Making a kid, you'll want to look at some anatomy drawings. Body proportions, facial structure, that sort of thing. Depending on their age, kids have big eyes, heads that look large for their body (since the skull only grows so much), short limbs, and big hands and feet. I have some shapes I've been working on for a few older kid ages (I think up to about age 12) based on some proportion charts I found. I'd be happy to send them to you if you'd like.

From there, it's about clothes. Vicarious Youth has a lot of freebies available, and more if you join the VIP group (VY also has a new avatar starter kit). Soken Mesh (SKM) also has a bunch of freebies available. There are a lot of other great stores too. The biggest issues here are that there is far more stuff for TD than standard kids and far more for girly girls than boys (if that's a concern for you), and that sometimes TD and standard kid aren't always well marked. I've bought a few TD shirts and have been mighty angry, though many sellers include kid and TD in the same sale.

Feel free to message me if you'd like any more help. I do live in Asia though, so I might not ever be online. Also, if you can, please send me a notecard (since my messages get capped quickly and I miss things) or send me a PM over these forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.