my paypal is set up with a linked bank account, with sufficient balance, but i cant buy l$

babygirlrachel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried several times to buly l$, even trying different ammounts. my bank account is link to my paypal AND there is a sufficient ammount in the account to cover the transaction. every time i try and make the purchase, it tells me the same thing, and nothing more: 

There was a problem charging your payment method.

It does not give me more information then that, nor does the FAQ help me figure out why it is doing it. All i know is that despite doing everything apparently right, i cannot make the purchase. I would very much like to know why it is not going through, because i was really hoping to get some l$ to purchase some things, and to support sl, which i have been rather enjoying these past 2 and a half years. 

3 answers to this question

It sounds as if you're doing everything right.  As long as you have a sufficient balance in your PayPal account -- not your bank account -- then everything should work fine.  The step that many people trip over is that instant transfer problem.  Banks don't generally transfer money instantly to PayPal the way that a credit card company does.  They have a delay that can be anywhere from a few minutes to a day.  Meanwhile, Linden Lab is waiting for payment from PayPal, which doesn't have your money yet.  Linden Lab can only wait a short while before its accounting system gets impatient and aborts the transaction.  The solution is to be sure that PayPal has enough of your money before you make the purchase.  You can either do that by making a deliberate transfer to PayPal from your bank manually or by feeding PayPal from some other source.

If you have been keeping a sufficient PayPal balance and are still having trouble, you might call the Linden Lab billing office for help. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.