I am still not age verified even though i have a card on my account, why?

AngelBaby54

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cant do the form where you click to do age verification because it says my info is not on record. I have a card on info and everything, but i am still not verified yet. I just want my alt to be verified but i cant get it. Someone please help. I am not sending a picture of my id or anything (i just dont trust it) but my previous accounts are age verified so i dont see why this one cant get right. Help me please. Thanks so much.

9 answers to this question

You sound like you are confusing Age Verification & Account Verification.

Account verfied is when you have payment info on file or payment info used (if you are outside US).

Age verified is when you have done the automated age verification process or submitted a ticket for manual verification.

Both types of verification allow you access to adult content, the only difference is that on a few land parcels the owner has specified age verification as a requirement for access & account verification won`t get you in them.

Also with both types, you need to go to your preferences & increase your maturity rating.

Alright, there are a couple issues here which have been made more muddled by the answers so far. This is not surprising considering the Lindens made it very confusing in the first place.

Alright, first, there are TWO ways to "age verify".

One is to do the "Identity Verification" through the website by providing one of the accepted government ID numbers.

The second is through "Payment Method Verification", where you attach a payment method to your account. To do this you need to actually use the payment method in SL at least once. Buy yourself a couple dollars worth of Linden Dollars or something.

Keep in mind once you do this you need to manually, through the SL viewer preferences, set yourself up to see all levels of content ratings.

Once that is done you should be able to access nearly all content in SL regardless of the verification method you chose.

Also keep in mind, however, that even though LL provides two methods of age verifying, they left in two ways of blocking unverified accounts. They left in the abiltiy to lock out those who have not ID verified and those who have not verified their payment information. You may run in to either, although both are extremely rare as they are practically useless to the person using them and only succeed in keeping out the horse of SL users who have verified in the way not accepted on that person's land.  (Hilariously enough, selecting to block both those who have not ID verified and those who have not verified their payment info means you only allow in the miniscule number of SL users who have done both.)

• Like 2

I think you will find that your answer is "muddled". Account verification is NOT the same as age verification, if you are account verified and you try to enter a parcel set for age verified only, you will not get it. It will send you to the website to get age verified.

Fortunately, there are not too many owners setting their land to age verified only, so for the most part you can get by with just being account verified.

• Like 3

Guys pls assist me how do I get my self verified. I am Sadeq & from non US residence. In our locality we don’t have any social security or any international card to verify my self. My only option was my passport by which I have tried several time but failed. I have other non US residence friends who was also been verified so I dont understand why cant I. Your kind assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks & best regards.

i added a credit card to my account as well just so i can buy lindens so i become adult verified but for some reason mine still says update pending and i added it a while back mabye the beginning of this month when someone first told me about and now its alsmot the end of april and my card still hasnt updated can someone help please i wanna be able to go adult places like some of my friends but i cant cause this thing is taking FOREVER!!!!!!!:smileymad:

I have my account verified and i can access most of adult stuff in SL, but i can not verify my age because it gives me error, when i try to manually verify it following the instruction, like " choose the first drop down list, and selcet account issue then second dropdown list and choose manual age verify " there is no Manual age verify LOL, any help ?

Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.