failure initialize marketplace,error 499?

SweetRaine Bluebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can someone please help me? I keep getting this message when I'm logged onto SL. Failure to inialize marketplace, error 499. How can it be fixed? And what do I need to do? I have never had this problem till a few days ago. I can not tp anywhere, nothing loads like it use too. I have crashed so many times, too many to count. My friends list won't load. I can't send IM's. There is just too many glitches to name, please help me to solve this problem. 

Thank you, 

SweetRaine Bluebird 

1 answer to this question

I have no idea how many of your problems are related to each other, but the friends list one may be a version of the problem that several other people have had during the past two weeks.  If so,here's a possible solution, from Nalates's blog:

Well, you can send a ticket to Linden Lab but you’d wait days for a simple answer saying thank you to have notify them etc etc…

Apparently that problem is caused by someone in your contact list who has changed the display name using one of these strange characters that, for some reason can’t be read by SL. So your contacts list can’t be updated.

Here how I managed to fix that :
1. I logged on my dashboard on http://www.secondlife.com
2. I went to mysecondlife web profile / settings / friends and managed to remove contacts with suspect display names written with strange characters.
3. After have deleted them, I was able to login normally.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.