Advertising vs spamming

sassy13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need help.  I do not want to spam people, because that is a violation of policy, but besides renting boards and renting properties throughout SL to promote your business, which I am renting all over the place.  I even joined advertising groups, but I feel its just us business owners advertising to each other and not reaching the general population in SL or a specific group. 

What are some other great tools other business owners are using?

Thank you! :)

Sassy

best advertisement is deliver excellent quality and affordable prices...

rental boards, spamgroups (adrvertisement groups) is spoiled time... and money.

If you have decent things to sell, you can join some sales events, there are lots of people visiting those.

for example for males: the mens department, Men only Monthly... there are several for women too...

Assuming that youi'e talking about an inworld store, and not merely a presence on the marketplace....

Get found in search. Learn how optimise your parcel's html page (as best as we are able in SL) so that it is found at or near the top of the rankings for what you have to offer (for your most important searchterms).

I sell kittycats and there are a few advertising groups for them. But even though i advertise in them I get tired of fthe constant spamming/advertising. Makes my 25 notice limit fill up fast when not online. Most of the advertising groups only alow every 3 hours for you to advertise. The best way to advertise is word of mouth. Spreading the word with friends and people who have baught from you before. I think this month is slow for everyone so be patient and don't give up.

Bribery!

Create a quality* gift item. As well as featuring it in your store, supply it to quality freebie stores. Try to get it featured on a blog like Fab Free.

Consider a 'free for newbies' gift. People remember the first stores they visit.

Send samples to bloggers who deal in the products you make.

Have your store/business as a stop on a hunt.

*make sure it's representative of your best work, even if it's not a high value item in itself. Nothing gets me to a store like a good gift, but nothing keeps me away like a crap one. Pitch it as a gift or promo rather than a freebie.

Christhiana wrote:

What do you mean by 'optimise your parcels html page'?

Make sure that it's optimised for the most important searchterms when people are searching for what you sell. THE most important part of the page is its Title - that's the html title that isn't seen in a browser. That title is the parcel's name. There are things that parcel owners can do to get the parcel's page to rank higher in the results for specific searchterms..

This has got me reminiscing. Some years ago, there was an unscrupulous person who I wanted to prevent from getting up the rankings. I did it by remotely pushing other people's lower ranked parcels up the rankings higher than he could get - but not above mine, of course :) He kept changing things and trying but I always kept his parcel down.The people who owned the parcels I was pushing up weren't even aware that I was doing it. They were innocent beneficiaries. It was fun. At that time I controlled 7 of the top 10 rankings for the best searchterm, only a couple of which were mine. The second of mine didn't really belong in those rankings. I tried to push it lower, or even out of those particular results, but I couldn't. I do enjoy a bit of happy reminiscing sometimes :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.