Bluetooth and WiFi Conflict

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I currently run a gaming system that runs SL extremely smoothly... UNTIL, I turn on my bluetooth headset and connect.  It drags my WiFi connection down to nill freezing me in world.  I am wondering if there is a solution out there that has resolved this as in my research across the Interweb, there have been other solutions, but in accordance with other software, not SL or in general.

Thank you~

Although Bluetooth and WiFi share spectrum, this level of interference isn't normal at all. Can you try a different Bluetooth device and see if it still interferes this badly? If so, I'd be pretty suspicious that this headset may be faulty. Otherwise, what happens when you connect the same Bluetooth headset to another device (say, a phone or tablet) and sit in the same location as you would while running SL on the gaming system? If that doesn't cause the same interference, then I think you have issues within the gaming system itself -- possibly drivers, or hardware, either of which you might investigate by replacing bits one at a time, perhaps starting with a cheap wifi (or bluetooth) dongle.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.