Silver King Grill is closing.

Betty Bishop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After over eight years on the mainland, the Silver King Grill is closing. By the end of the week it will be gone forever. The land is for sale and I am out of a job :(

The Grill is practaclly famous. Thousands and thousands of avatars spent many of their first days in SL at the grill. Every single one requested friendship and/or asked me for a job. You probably still have the free roller skates in inventory.

Here is a link if you want to visit one last time. Click here

Good News! You can open your own Silver King Grill anywhere you want. Strat a franchise operation with a well-known brand. Full permissions with no restrictions. Get yours here. Waitress not included.

Thanks to everyone who shared the fun with me over the years. It's been a blast :)

I'm sorry to have missed it -- it's gone already -- and I hadn't heard about it before despite being active on the atoll continent and here now in my 12th year! But I supported you by buying a copy. Not sure I have space to put it out, but perhaps some of the items. I have a little retro diner in Grote but it doesn't have as many features and I don't have the prims there to add your fun things like the skates.

What factors made you close?

I just saw this.

I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting you Betty but Silver King was one of my favourite destinations and that of my friends. Thank you for all the fun times we had there. I hope that you won’t have difficulty finding another job (in RL, if I understood you correctly), wish you all the best, and hope to see Silver King back very soon.

• 4 months later...

Oh that's right next to the Watch Shop.  I was over there just yesterday looking around, and I now remember the area from doing some motorcycle riding during my first couple of weeks in SL.  It was my first taste of the old mainland =)

So sad to hear it's closing.  I'll have to get over there again and take some selfies for posterity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.