Building new PC for SL. Please check for mistakes :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, after my last post which made me realise that my originally intended new Silverstone SG13 case would be too small to house a high end PC due to its confined space and lack of fans, I have finally put together a new list of computer parts.

I just hope the mesh front doesn't get all clogged up with pet hairs.... lol

Intended build:

- Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case (closed window, comes with a rear mounted extraction fan)
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151
- CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X31 69.5 CFM
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 CMK16GX4M2A2133C13
- PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular (ATX)
- GPU: MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G
- SSD/HDD: 1x WDC WD2500JS-75NCB2 250GB 3.5” + 1x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5"
- Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200 PWM (Intake fan, front)

Comments from the guy who is going to build it for me:

As far as I researched it, this case should be big enough, yet not too big. It also offers 5 fan mounts, so I can buy 2 more if it still gets too hot. The liquid cooler radiator with (extraction) fan would be mounted where the case's rear extraction fan is. That rear extraction fan will be mounted in the roof fan mount (extraction). The new Noctua fan will be mounted in the bottom front fan mount (intake). Question: is the roof fan neccessary? Maybe a bottom front intake fan and then the liquid coolers rear top extraction fan will be enough, but i thought maybe it wouldnt be enough cause of the radiator behind the liquid cooler fan. So thats why i added the 3rd roof fan. But maybe it is overkill and maybe it will mess up the airflow as well? What are your thoughts on that?

I have given thought to a posters suggestion as to get a 4GB GPU instead of a 2GB. However, I read lots of information on the internet and apparently only a couple of games benefit from the extra memory. Some games do, some games don't. SL more than likely won't benefit from it and 2GB should probably be more than enough. If it was an AMD card, fair enough. But a Nvidia 4GB card is way more expensive than a 2GB card, is bottlenecked by its 128 bus and besides, the clocking speeds and boost speeds are lower than those of a 2GB card. This all will make it run less FPS than a 2GB.

Do you agree that this setup will play Second Life nicely, either on high graphics settings or above?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.