I messed up pretty bad. Help?

IWantToJoinAgain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey guys, I was banned from Second Life a pretty long while ago. The thing is, I was never IP banned. I can still create accounts and play however Linden always traces my IP and bans any account I make.  (Not sure why they haven't just banned me)  anywhoo, they emailed me  last year and told me I was no longer allowed on the services.    I don't want to lose hope yet, I was new to SL and abused its freedom.  Is there any possible way to earn a second chance?  My first ban was basically a perma ban. OUCH!   There wiill be no more trouble from me.

Please help me out everyone, I'm pretty darn depressed without my Second Life!

UPDATE!

Here is what I sent Linden Labs: Hey there people of Linden Labs. Listen, I know none of you really want to talk to me but my depression has gotten pretty bad. Without Second Life, my actual life has been rather horrible! A few weeks back I was banned for being rather idiotic. To be honest, I was new to Second Life and let the amount of freedom you allowed overwhelm me. I abused that freedom and broke some serious TOS. Now, the thing is, I haven't actually been IP banned...however...you locked me out of all of my other accounts. During the latest lockout I had purchased 20 dollars worth of Lindens. Anyway the money isn't the issue, even if the Lindens are gone then so be it. But I'd really like a second chance. This odd ban I got works like this: Each time I create an account it gets banned/locked within a day. My first offense regarding the TOS happened to land me such strict punishment and I don't blame those in charge. All I'm asking is for you all to lift my ban/account lock and give me a Second chance at a Second Life. This service means a lot to me, and I swear I'll never abuse the gift of freedom you have all bestowed. Please reply so we can chat back and forth, okay? If you're alright with unlocking my account then please inform me. However if the ban can be lifted BUT the Lindens are gone, just please lift my ban so I can freely make another account without fear of it being locked within 24 hours due to my past mistake. Thank you in advance! All in all, I am begging you for a chance. This message is sincere and comes from the very bottom of my heart. I'm a starving artist, your service keeps the suicidal thoughts away, I need you guys. Contact me if possible.

4 answers to this question

You must have done something pretty serious to earn yourself a perma ban. Thats nothing you earn for a little bit of trouble. I'm suprised but glad they manage to catch you on each of your returns, which in itself violate the ToS, as far as I remember.

Anyway...we can do nothing to help you. We are just residents/users like you and have no influence on Linden Lab. There is also no person at LL reading this forum. In regards to your letter: Go see a real life therapist to work on your depression. The cure isn't to disolve yourself in a virtual world.

• Like 2

IWantToJoinAgain wrote:

Hey guys, I was banned from Second Life
a pretty long while ago

. . .

UPDATE!

Here is what I sent Linden Labs: Hey there people of Linden Labs. Listen, I know none of you really want to talk to me but my depression has gotten pretty bad. Without Second Life, my actual life has been rather horrible!
A few weeks back I was banned
for being rather idiotic.

People will be more inclined to trust you if you're consistent.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.