The Cool Vl Viewer... HOW THE HECK DO YOU USE WASD????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just switched from the firestorm viewer to the cool vl viewer because it's not as heavy on my pc as firestorm and I can't figure out how to enable wasd as a movement control option. I've look everywhere in preferences and if this isn't an option on this viewer I am going to install asap, haha. I can't handle SL without wasd 

please help!

Fearo wrote:

Also, how do you merge the local chat and IM's into one chat box? -___- like on firestorm. I can't figure out how to do that either

that one works just like Firestorm, there is a button in the top right, next to close-windows X, it is an angled arrow. click that and the chat box will merge in with IM.

if you want the vertical IM tabs, that is under the Cool Features preferences tab.

• 5 weeks later...

Alwin Alcott wrote:if a software supplier so openly refuses to comply to the 3rd party policy you shouldn't put questions about it on the forum of LL., and not use it for SL anyway...

Please, stop spreading FUD !

Like I wrote on the Cool VL Viewer website:

The Cool VL Viewer is itself TPV-policy compliant (and for people wondering why it is not listed in LL's TPV directory, it's simply because I don't want to provide private data to LL about myself, data which is illegal to require for such a purpose in my country. Being listed in the directory is in no way a requirement for a viewer to be considered TPV-policy compliant anyway: see the paragraph 6 of the TPV policy).

Alwin Alcott wrote:

if you have access to info from members of SL, owned by LL, its totally normal and legal to ask you who you are.

That you don't comply is enough reason to have doubts.

Do not speak about things you don't have the single clue about in the first place.

It's not just about "knowing who I am" (they already know, by the way, since I've got payment info handed out to them), but LL also requires in their Contribution Agreement form the snail mail address and phone number: the latter two pieces of info are excessive for the purpose (they only need my RL name, which, again they already have, and my signature, which I'm ready to provide).

Mind you US laws are not universal, and each country got their own law, that are no less valid than US laws. In my country (and in European countries, because there's also a law in the UE about this subject), the privacy of the citizen is guaranteed against the abusive prying eyes of private companies and interest groups. According to these laws, LL's requirements for a Contribution Agreement are simply illegal (because excessive for the purpose) and I'm totally well founded to refuse providing them with the info they illegally require from me, French citizen.

Now, my remark about the FUD you spread, was not even about the CA: there is no need for a CA in the first place for any TPV developer, because while the listing into LL's TPV directory is conditionned to the signature of a CA, the listing in that TPV directory is NOT A REQUIREMENT (NEITHER A GUARANTEE FROM LL) for a third party viewer to be considered as TPV-Policy compliant (please, DO READ the TPV Policy, paragraph 6: "Unlike the other sections of this Policy, participation in the Viewer Directory is currently not a requirement for connecting to Second Life. "). Again, the Cool VL Viewer is, and has always been, fully TPV-compliant; had it been otherwise, it would have long been blocked by LL (and the Cool VL Viewer has been around for 9+ years: it's the oldest TPV still actively developed) !

So, I don't have "to comply", because the signature of a CA is only a voluntary act from the signee, not a requirement from LL. The fact I didn't sign it simply means that LL refuses to include any code I write in their own viewer (too bad for them: their loss, not mine) and that they won't list my viewer into their optional directory (like if I care !... I made the Cool VL Viewer for myself and I'm only sharing it for like-minded people to enjoy it).

Also, unlike what you suggest here, I have NO ACCESS WHATSOEVER to "info from members of SL" (again you are spreading FUD here !): if you are not convinced, examine the Cool VL Viewer sources: they are Open for anyone to check. I don't even make the viewer login page point to a custom web server (like Firestorm does), so I have no way whatsoever to know who and when some SL user is connecting with the Cool VL Viewer.

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.