forum bowling pin iconsL what do they all mean

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive noted I went from "honored resident" to simply "member" and that each of these designations, among others also have various colors. I cant however, find a posting from lindens regarding what any of them mean as far as levels, etc. and or how I was demoted. Probably too damn sassy for my own goog. lol

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Yeah, they don't mean jack squat to any of us on the forums. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I always find it hilarious when some newcomer shakes their fist at us for being stuck up about our rank or post count. As I type this I haven't the faintest idea what either of mine are.

The Bowling Pins are a concession that Linden Lab made to keep my Nefarious Mistress Madelaine at bay....They keep her otherwise occupied telling stories of how she plans to torture the poor things and thus keep her out of the most evil of trouble.

But since they are there, Linden Lab decided they need to have a legitimate purpose as well. Therefore the ranking system was created.

True Story.....Really!

Pamela Galli wrote:

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Yeah, they don't mean jack squat to any of us on the forums. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I always find it hilarious when some newcomer shakes their fist at us for being stuck up about our rank or post count. As I type this I haven't the faintest idea what either of mine are.

Well now that I have looked, I see I am ONLY AN "ADVISOR"! <shakes fist>

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Pam, if I were to introduce you to a room full of people, would you rather be a "Helper", or an "Advisor"?

;-).

ETA: And would you rather wear a red outfit, or a purple one?

Remember, the Red Shirts have a very short Life Expectancy.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I was think more along the lines of Supreme Something or Other. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Have you forgotten how oh so long ago I was voted Queen of the Forum?

...Dres  (Who cares if I was the only one who voted.)

P.S. Bite me, Griffin.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Remember, the Red Shirts have a very short Life Expectancy.

... whips off her shirt and runs around topless.

Then again....

would work as well!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't looking for recognition. Im not a newbie despite this particular avatars birthdate. but I did note these things keep changing and don't always seem to correlate to anything. Nor when things "change" have I ever seen linden giving an explanation that isnt passive. meaning you have to look for it and your going to find it only if you know exactly what you are looking for. Not anti-linden but there are so many things with regard to the website that could use some serious polish and finesse. I believe its still 2004 in the land o linden website forum. But I shouldn't squawk. the improvements to the viewer and the marketplace have been honest steps forward. and Im totally stoked about bento...though really I WANT SOME TOES to go along with my finger bones please and thank you!!!! to Karen: and the "pins" being relating to your mistress...thats the best answer Ive ever seen. Loved it!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.