Friend can't get her account back

Sarah36 Islay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Linden Lab will only discuss an account with the person who owns it, so all you can do is stand on the sidelines and be supportive for her.  Your friend should be communicating with the LL billing office. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Linden Lab will only discuss an account with the person who owns it, so all you can do is stand on the sidelines and be supportive for her.  Your friend should be communicating with the LL billing office. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

December is a horrible month to have an account hold placed to be honest. Not only is there a long Linden Lab employee vacation period there are non-business days galore during the 4 week period you are referencing.

Mind you, we are Second Life Residents just like you and your friend. But that said, we can offer insight into how to proceed.

The fact that a PayPal Account irregularity triggered the hold, Linden Research will be very thorough in its investigation.

You are at a disadvantage in that you are not privy to all the correspondence between your friend & Linden Research and PayPal.

Clearing an account balance debt with Linden Lab is one thing. Clearing-up a PayPal Account use violation is quite another. If the latter is the real cause of the hold by Linen Lab then PayPal holds the cards regarding this account ever being released.

Linden Research will take as much time as it needs to verify the facts surrounding an account violation or suspected account compromise including following all leads regarding the transfer of monies and/or $Lindens. Only after all leads are examined will it issue a final decision and release all affected accounts. [and administratively punish all accounts of the guilty.]

4 weeks ago puts this issue starting on the week of December 9th. Including today this is 17 business days.

By the way of personal experience, a merchant account holder that is a tenant of mine had to wait 2 calendar months for her account and business to effectively be returned to her when a similar account compromise happened to her and her PayPal account. Like your friends partner, I helped her business by allowing her to remain in business in her in-world showroom in my mall. I made this decision because she was a reliable tenant and friend for many years. This problem happened across the Thanksgiving/Christmas period 2 years ago and was resolved by the end of January.

Your friend has the benefit of having a considerate partner to hold her leasehold.

Please share this response with your friend. I know by experience that these investigations take time. Yet the final outcome did allow my commercial tenant to resume her business in full and she did not lose any of her hard earned product sales.

By all means your friend needs to stay in communication with Linden Lab through all means available as Rolig has suggested.

P.S. My Friend & Tenant had the wisdom to have a co-owner ALT account with all permissions that could manage her business group messages and was still able to read any and all IMs that were forwarded to her main account while it was on hold. This planning ahead allowed her the ability to maintain a high service level appearance with her customer base. She still didn't have access to her $Lindens but had to handle any disputes the best she could using her ALT Account.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.