video card drivers did not install properly or are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

'i got this laptop, it originally had windows 7 but the person with whom i got it from loaded windows 10 on it.. so dowload Firestorm Viewer, installed and proceeded to load and got this message: 

"Firestorm is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly or are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers, and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them. If you continue to receive this message, contact the Second Life Support Portal"

I have the latest driver and i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it.. driver version was from 2013 and is no longer supported by intel... i then tried this fix here http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_fix_32bit however did not work.

I have an:

Asus Notebook K40IJ/k50IJ Series

Pentium Duel Core T4400 2.20ghZ  / 2.20ghZ

3gb 64bit

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDN 1.1)

Nothing is working to load SL what am i mising or am i unable to load SL on this system?

Alyssa Quicksand wrote:

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDN 1.1)

Nothing is working to load SL what am i mising or am i unable to load SL on this system?

I'm afraid you are out of luck. No SL viewer will run on a system with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset graphics on Windows 10.

There are no Windows 10 drivers available for that card that will work for SL viewers.

If you need that system to run SL, you need to roll back to Windows 7.

The only other choice is to use a text viewer or an SL streaming service like Bright Canopy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.