Would this be acceptable?

LadyPetunias Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a few pieces of mesh clothing in my MP, I am making demos for them. but I am unsure how to market them.

I have a Maitreya mesh body.. and it works with it ...if I do a slight adjustment to the size of my thighs....not that they are huge.. but it make them fit the dress better. Would it be acceptable to say it works with Maitreya Mesh body, as long as I state that some body modification may be needed? Or should I just advertise it for classic only.. with a demo...

Please help

Thank you

It's probably better to avoid billing it as compatible. What you have going is the "sort of fits" that mesh body users already expect from things not made speciafically for their bodies.

You could still mention in the decription that you had good luck with the combination, after a bit of tweaking, but yeah, point them to the demo in the same breath to prevent misunderstandings.

The Maitreya mesh body (as all mesh bodies) has a different sceleton structure than the classic SL body. Since the mesh clothing is not specifically build to fit the Maitreya body then it just happens to fit yours, actually it doesn't fit a Maitreya body but rather your shape.

Therefore what you have is a clothing fitting the classic SL body and with a specific shape a mesh Maitreya body too and I think this is how you should advertise it. If you do so though be prepared to give the measurments of your shape because a Maitreya body user would be very well entitled to ask for the shape measurments to fit what he/she bought to his/hers body (since you advertise it can fit to such a body with a specific shape)

It seems rather unethical to me.  When people search the MP for Maitreya mesh clothing, they're most probably searching for mesh that was specifically made for that body.  Including the Maitreya name in the description would mean that it's likely to show up in a search for Maitreya mesh clothing... leading people to believe that it was made specifically for that body when it clearly wasn't.  I'd also be concerned that Maitreya wouldn't care for you using their product name in such a way.  As such, I recommend you not even mention it.

...Dres

I have been a fashion blogger for 8 years and blogging mesh since it first came on the grid. I have a Maitreya (woot) body.

I agree that you probably should just advertise standard sizing, but what I WANTED to say is even mesh that is in theory made specifically for Maitreya (and I am guessing the other mesh bodies) does not necessarily fit. -- and I am a standard S, no giant boobs or bottom.  Sometimes standard size works better than the Maitreya or the fitmesh version.

It is important to remember that there are folks with  ALL SKILL LEVELS making mesh clothing. Some are phenominal and I don't even have to use any alpha slots to make parts disappear. Others are fairly terrible. So just because a garment says it "fits" or "was made for" Maitreya doesn't mean it will. Anyone who tries on a lot of clothes figures that out quickly.

THAT is why we happily have demos :D.

Good luck!!!!  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.