Camping/payment/wage/money script for tip jar (not sure what to call it)

Yami Tairov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm genuinely curious. Back on Christmas Day, you posted to the Wanted forum, so clearly you know it exists. That was probably more of an Inworld Employment sort of post -- another forum to which you've posted in the past -- but specific to this current thread, why would you post it to "LSL Scripting" instead of "Wanted"?

Now, we can arrange to have it moved to where it belongs (at which point this reply won't make sense), but we're still getting many of this kind of post on this forum, which is baffling to me: the title makes it clear that this is a forum about scripting (not scripts and not scripters), under the Creation category of forums. Why does it attract so many people posting requests for existing scripts, or for scripters to produce a new product?

Would it help if there were a "sticky" post at the top of the thread list, titled "DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR SCRIPTS HERE"? Would that even be seen by the folks who are posting in the wrong forum here? (I have no idea if we could still charm the Forum-keepers into making a sticky, but if it would help....)

I'm pretty sure it will not help to say mean things about the folks who get it wrong. There's something that's tempting them to post here, and I don't think it's for lack of correction when they do.

Has nothing to do with being a "fan of your posts", people help others here or try too, they do so on their own unpaid time as volunteers, some make an error and post in the wrong place, thats life, but you clearly know where the request should be. As English is not my first langage i maybe misunderstanding your repl, but to me i find it rather condescending.

Yami Tairov wrote:

I honestly didn't realize this was the wrong place for the post, but the first person who responded was rather condesending and calling people stupid. Hence my response. I'm not looking for anyone to give me anything for free. But thanks. 

Condescending?... perhaps a little bit.  Calling people stupid?... not at all.  Just because something someone posts makes you feel stupid, doesn't mean they were actually calling you stupid.

...Dres

Whatever.

I said it was OK to move the post, but that is no longer necessary. I've taken the liberty to remove it myself. 

It was obviously incorrectly posted in my efforts to pay someone for a script. Suggesting the addition of a "sticky" that reads "DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR SCRIPTS HERE" and "I'm pretty sure it will not help to say mean things about the folks who get it wrong" wasn't exactly an implication that posting here was a keen idea. That's what I read in those words, which were meant for me, not you, sir. 

But no worries, my unwanted/undesired post is gone and I have better things to do than entertain this discussion. Hopefully you do too. Good day! 

Yami Tairov wrote:

I honestly didn't realize this was the wrong place for the post, but the first person who responded was rather condesending and calling people stupid. Hence my response. I'm not looking for anyone to give me anything for free. But thanks. 

On the off-chance you ever look back on this thread, I'm sorry you took it that way. I specifically tried to make it clear that you're by no means the only person to make "looking for scripts" posts into this forum, so I certainly never intended to suggest you were stupid. Indeed, I was being especially careful to caution that subsequent posts wouldn't elicit constructive feedback by saying anything "mean".

The reason I singled out this particular thread, as I tried to make clear, was that your posting history showed that you've already used another forum that would have gotten better results, so you might be uniquely equipped to help us understand what makes this particular forum so attractive for such posts, which only causes delay and frustration for those posters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.