My display name changed without having changed it

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

examining wrote:

...myself.  It shows now Merry Christmas! Quittance examining while in mysecondlife/profile/display name shows alright Quittance as I set it myself.  It shows Merry Christmas! Quittance in both Firestorm and Sl viewer.  How can this happen and what can I do?

Tks

If the "Merry Christmas!" is on the line above "Quittance" and in slightly smaller type it means that you're using a group tag that is displaying those words. You may have visited a region and joined a group, which will automatically change your group tag. If you go to the "Groups" panel you can change your active group to another one or select "None" and the text should change or go away.

If you also see "examining" below "Quittance" in smaller type it means you're using a viewer setting that shows account names when someone's display name is different from their account name. This is an option that can be turned off in "Preferences."

In both cases, your actual display name still is simply "Quittance" as it says in your profile.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

examining wrote:

...myself.  It shows now Merry Christmas! Quittance examining while in mysecondlife/profile/display name shows alright Quittance as I set it myself.  It shows Merry Christmas! Quittance in both Firestorm and Sl viewer.  How can this happen and what can I do?

Tks

If the "Merry Christmas!" is on the line above "Quittance" and in slightly smaller type it means that you're using a group tag that is displaying those words. You may have visited a region and joined a group, which will automatically change your group tag. If you go to the "Groups" panel you can change your active group to another one or select "None" and the text should change or go away.

If you also see "examining" below "Quittance" in smaller type it means you're using a viewer setting that shows account names when someone's display name is different from their account name. This is an option that can be turned off in "Preferences."

In both cases, your actual display name still is simply "Quittance" as it says in your profile.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.