llTargetOmega and seated avatar

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before I think I'm losing the plot, I thought I would ask...

Should an avatar seated directly on a child prim that alone has an llTargetOmega rotation, rotate with the child prim?

Because, it isn't.

If I unlink and sit on the same (now single) prim, I rotate with it, but not when the child is linked.

For clarity: only the child prim has a sit target, I'm sitting on it, and only the child prim is rotating with llTargetOmega. And I'm not rotating with it.

Arghhh!

when an avatar sits on an object, it becomes a child of the root prim, no matter where it is sat. so, it only moves relative to the root.

PRIM_OMEGA also does not work on avatars, so if you were next hoping to make it work that way, sorry. but if your application allows it, maybe an animation could do the work.

the idea of hierarchical linksets, which might allow an avatar to be a child of a child prim plus other things,  has been discussed over time, but the idea was never implemented.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

when an avatar sits on an object, it becomes a child of the root prim, no matter where it is sat. so, it only moves relative to the root.

Oh, of course. I really wasn't thinking straight (I blame last night's cheap tequila).

Thank you for straightening out my brain.

Yeah, hierarchical linksets would be wonderful, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.