Is an avatar that could be mistaken for a Child allowed in Adult rated sim?

UndeadMesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a part of a fantasy RP sim that has an adult rating, and the owners and myself are worried about violating the ageplay rule. My character is a demon imp, but because of their size and shape they could be confused for as a child avatar. If the avatar does not partake in sexual RP or sexual animations, is it still considered ageplay? Is there a way to get verified as an adult so that the sim owners won't get in trouble for having the avatar in their land?

5 answers to this question

That's entirely up to the region's owner.  You'd only be involved in age play if your child av was engaged in sexual activity, but some region owners get nervous anyway.  If they decide to block you from entering, don't be too surprised.

BTW, you must already have an Adult rating or you wouldn't be able to enter an Adult region.

• Like 2

Having payment information on file is one way to verify age (credit card or via paypal). 

I think as a responsible member of the SL Community you should take whatever step nessecary to mod your avi so it does not appear or get interpeted as any form of "child".  You should read the "terms of service", it's what you agreed to when you signed up for Second Life.

Common sense doesn't always govern how others respond. RP is definitely fun...if you know your group well and are not in a region that is open, then just have fun... but be smart at the same time. 

Hope that helps...

You'll get other responses.

Thx 

Maximo

No sex, no ageplay. That simple. I wouldn't worry too much. My avatar IS actually  a kid (younger teen) and in our RP are many more and never had any issues and our RP is around for some years now. Also, you don't play a kid. If you give your small avatar more adultish proportions you're are fine.  There is no way to do an actual age verification anymore. If your simowner still have doubt, they might be part of the problem.

• Like 2

as all others already said... it's up to the owner/renter what happens on a sim. Rating isn't thát important for allowing kid avatars or not ... activities are mostly leading.

If a sim is adult but not really adult acitivities there often are no problems... but if there are... a kid shouldn't want to be there in the first place because next to a owner also LL can act on that, if you get reported you'r in bigger problems than just a sim ban.

Every land owner has the right to refuse access for any reason to any other avatar... red hair-locked, green nose-locked, ....and so on ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.