Sign in to follow this  
bebejee

Avatar remains inworld after viewer crash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone else experiencing this? people have told me about my av is staying online after it crashes, they thought i was afk, then I tried it out with my alt, and its true, bebejee av remained on even after her viewer crashed, alt could see her continue sailing till she hit some land and the boat vanished but bebejee stayed on.

Once when i relogged a guy told me that my av was still with him at another place where it had crashed, while i could see the relogged av on my screen in a totally new spot, nowhere near where it had been.

yes that used to happen quite a lot in the past

the agent non-presence is not being updated on the sim server

next time it happens take a snapshot of the avatar using your alt, time and place, and file a Jira about it for the LL engineers to have a look at. Seems is some kinda regression in the sim code if is now happening again 

if the avi still is visible for another one while you relogged, it's just a ghost and not really you.

A account can not be logged in twice.

Its really long time ago i heared about this.

Not sure it's worth filing a jira already, start with a normal support ticket.

A simple glitch doesn't mean there's a huge mistake in the servercode.

For how long is your Ava visible?

When you crash the Servers don't get a message to log you out so you appear to still be present.  

But eventually the Servers figure out that you are no longer 'connected' and will auto log you out.  This usually takes a minute or  two if you don't try to log back in.

If you do try to log back in that tells the Servers that you need logged out first.  Hence the message you sometimes get that you need to wait till the Servers log you out.

It seems on for a quite some time like ten minutes atleast, might be on longer if I dont relog but havent checked that.

That is quite normal. I am often chatting to a silent passenger on my boat only to get an im asking me to to them to me because they crashed. I have never thought to raise a Jira about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.