Problem with avatar changing

HarlleenQ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HarlleenQ wrote:

Hello.I have a question .I couldnt google it so i better ask here.So the problem is i used same shape in two different outfits...i saved them.I made firt one with this shape and i changed appearance of shape as well to make it look more like the actual character i was building...i sved it...then made another one-different tho.Changed appearance of shape again and sved as different outfit..Now all my saved outfits with this kind of shape changed...Why so? How to save changes to prevent of changing this one shape in all outfits? Thank you

The shape is an individual wearable object and you can create many separate ones. Saving the outfit doesn't save the parameters of that shape, it only sets a pointer to the shape you were wearing and if you change that shape it will be changed in all the outfits you make using it.

Instead of using "Save", use "Save as..." and give the new shape a different name. This will allow you to use the changed shape in a new outfit while keeping the previous shape for the other outfits it was used for. If you know you're going to change the shape radically it is often a good idea to copy the shape first and work on the copy so you don't accidentally save changes for the original shape.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

HarlleenQ wrote:

Hello.I have a question .I couldnt google it so i better ask here.So the problem is i used same shape in two different outfits...i saved them.I made firt one with this shape and i changed appearance of shape as well to make it look more like the actual character i was building...i sved it...then made another one-different tho.Changed appearance of shape again and sved as different outfit..Now all my saved outfits with this kind of shape changed...Why so? How to save changes to prevent of changing this one shape in all outfits? Thank you

The shape is an individual wearable object and you can create many separate ones. Saving the outfit doesn't save the parameters of that shape, it only sets a pointer to the shape you were wearing and if you change that shape it will be changed in all the outfits you make using it.

Instead of using "Save", use "Save as..." and give the new shape a different name. This will allow you to use the changed shape in a new outfit while keeping the previous shape for the other outfits it was used for. If you know you're going to change the shape radically it is often a good idea to copy the shape first and work on the copy so you don't accidentally save changes for the original shape.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.