Sign in to follow this  
Caroline Tairov

I added a new picture to my profile, but it wont show up as the icon next to my name in chat. Help?

Question

Is there somewhere you can toggle those chat icons so they don`t show? Its been a while since I looked in v2 preferences, but if there is try toggling it off and on (clicking ok in beween) to see if it will force the icon to update.

Try relogging too if you haven`t already.

4 answers to this question

Is there somewhere you can toggle those chat icons so they don`t show? Its been a while since I looked in v2 preferences, but if there is try toggling it off and on (clicking ok in beween) to see if it will force the icon to update.

Try relogging too if you haven`t already.

I"m having the same issue!  Its driving me nuts.

No one sees the new photo unless they actually bring up your profile, otherwise the old one always shows.

I've relogged and its even been a few days and nothing has caught up yet.  Is this a bug??

OK folks I figured it out. Apparently even though SL says you can use .jpg, .png, or .gif files they lied. I reformated my profile pic to a .png file and it uploaded in all the areas where it would appear. Even in the chat. So just change the format to .png and you should be all set.