Once again, the comedy of the flawed word filter

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Isn't it ironic that in private messages... yes private, ya' know, ones between myself and a friend... I can discuss bomb making and terrorism but just fell foul of discussing the most heinous of acts:-

You just can't make this stuff up.  Thanks for the laugh LL.

That was probably put in place to combat those spam posts we used to get all the time, telling us to watch this TV show or that TV show... they were pretty incessant.

...Dres

Sassy Romano wrote:

Isn't it ironic that in private messages... yes private, ya' know, ones between myself and a friend... I can discuss bomb making and terrorism but just fell foul of discussing the most heinous of acts:-

Dare I ask the circumstances which lead you and your friend to discuss bomb-making and terrorism in your private messages, Sassy?   I'm sure there's an innocent explanation!

We weren't, that's the irony.  We *can* but we can't use the phrase "watch T.V."

My point is that such a need for a word filter has no purpose in private messages, even if it was implemented (badly) for the forums.  You can't say "watch t.v." without the dots in the forums.

I think it's more related to our puritanical schizophrenia in this country. We can show all manner of human bodily destruction, but we dare not show one unclothed. In this case the offending abbreviation is shorthand for someone that dresses in a gender fashion opposite to their natural accoutrement. Clearly your language was an overt sexual reference .. as watching one would indicate some form of phobia toward that segment of society .. and that's not PC. (kidding!)

BTW: If you ever do get a chance to discuss bomb making or terrorism in a private message, be sure to BCC me please. I need some new recipes. *grinz*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.