Why is my avatar smoke and can`t teleport

lonelyone4567

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i log in, my avitar is smoke in the sky, there is nothing around to see other than the sun, and I can not teleport anywhere

without it telling me that I was logged out of the area I was in. It keeps telling me I have been logged out of Second Life and disconnected from the region I was in.

5 answers to this question

You are not fully logged in. If you were, you would see more than just sky (unless you log in underwater, in which case, you wouldn't see the sun). The smoky appearance is normal, at least during the first couple of seconds before the servers download your appearance files.  If you are still smoky after that, you have "bake fail", which is easy to cure (see wiki.phoenixviewer.com/vs_bake_fail). I suggest trying to log in to a quiet region like Smith or Pooley. You might also try rebooting your router and modem first. And get off your WiFi Internet connection. Use a cable instead.

Tried this and it did not work. After I downloaded my game would not let me log in. Entered my user and password and hit enter, it just set there

and locked my computer up. I had to shut it down to get back to my main screen. restarted and tried to reenter SL and locked up again. Uninstalled and reinstalled SL Viewer and now it is doing the same thing. I am about to ask for my money back because I just perchased linden dollars, and delete the whole damn thing.

You do seem to have a serious Internet connection problem. You almost certainly have plenty of bandwidth -- SL doesn't use much -- but you are either losing packets of data between your viewer and the servers or there's a slow point in that pathway. That's partly why I suggested rebooting both your modem and your router, to clear their RAM and get a firmer grasp on an IP address. You could also try adding a new DNS server to whatever your ISP provided when you set up your router. Many people I know use the Google DNS server, which is free. Here's how >>> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I should have asked earlier, but what kind of computer are you using? And how are you connecting to the Internet? And which SL viewer are you using?  I have a feeling that we're missing some important information here. Bake fail is a reasonably common problem and its very easy to fix, so there has to be some unusual condition in your case. I just don't know what it is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.