Need Help with your Avatar?

sassy13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't own a store that promotes avatars, clothes, or anything.  I just enjoy helping people upgrade their avatars from those that just first arrive in secondlife to helping people with their mesh bodies.  I have TMP, Slink and Maitreya, and I have helped those that have toodledoo avi's too.   So message me here or in world, if you need help.  I am happy to help...I do it because I got great help when I started and even when I transitioned from a regular avatar to Mesh, so I think everyone needs a patient person that will help them too. 

Thanks!

Sassy

AlyxMurphy wrote:

Hey! I just started this game and i have absolutely no idea how to play. I neep advice on how to make money, how to get clothes, make friends, and build my home.

Thanks so much!

Alyx

Whether or not it is a game is an ongoing  philosophical debate but for now think of it as Barbie and Ken dress up chat room and not so much Call of Warcraft.

There are two ways to get money: convince another real life human to give you some of their's or buy it. Having done both before I stick with the second option now and any creations I make are for gifts and giggles.

If you want to make your own things, look for The Builder's Brewery in world.  It is a group with land, classes and many friendly people who love to help each other learn how to make almost anything.  This also has the added bonus of being the answer on where to make friends as well ;)

Making friends is both easy and problematic.  If you try to go where everyone else is (clubs) you wind up lost in the noise of people doing option 1 of the how to make money question. What are your interests?  Look for groups in world that have those interests.  Chat in the groups, go to their hangouts if they have them.  Spend time there even if it is empty and greet people as they come in.  Spend 3 days acting like you belong there and on the 4th day, you will.  Be friendly, do not use negative language, be happy to see whoever shows up. Then make an effort to introduce your new friends to each other.

Good luck with whatever you choose.  You don't have to do everything all at once so take your time.  And guard your heart; things move fast in SL. 

Hello,

So I’m obviously a newbie, started this morning

For some reason I can’t get my avatar to wear the clothes I bought for her.  

I’ve been trying it all day, but I haven't got a step further.

Here is a screenshot.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2zs7fgp.jpg

Personally I think it's because it needs to be unpacked or something, that’s the only logical explanation I can come up with.

But I have the feeling I’ve tried everything already, I’m out of ideas.

Can someone help me ?

Arwin, you already figured it out without knowing!

Your items came in a box and you need to unpack those boxes first. Right now, you are wearing them ;)

Go to a place that allows you to put things on the ground. Usually sandboxes are good places for that. Drop the box from your inventory onto the ground and right click it. There should be an option for opening. Copy the content of the box to your inventory. It will create a seperate folder and then its ready to be worn.

Also something I noticed: It seems like you are currently using one of the new starter mesh avatars. Those are often incomaptible with products made by other users and therefore not easy to customize. If you run into any problems related to that, you can select one of the non-mesh starter avatars from your libary and then customize it from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.