Sign in to follow this  
i69hannah

ok wtf i cant verify my F@#$ing age and its getting real old second life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Perhaps a 'please' mixed in with your sour words would help.  Try acting your age!

Have you tried contacting LL by telephone to arrange sending in your information?  I think this may work and facilitate the processing.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Perhaps a 'please' mixed in with your sour words would help.  Try acting your age!

Have you tried contacting LL by telephone to arrange sending in your information?  I think this may work and facilitate the processing.

• Like 1

There is an address that you can mail it to or fax it I think. I'm sorry I don't know it. Hang on a little bit longer for some more answers from other residents. I will look for the place to send it for you.

unless your a premium member there is no possibility age verify via ticket any more only the link on your account if your outside the US and don't already have payment info on file (making you adult verified) using paypal and thats your only option if you want to pay for a prem account you can't do that any more

You don`t NEED to get age verified to get access to adult content, account verification will get you access to just about all the same things, with the exception of a few parcels of land where the owner has specified age verification as a requirement.

To get account verified you just need to add payment info to your account & change your maturity rating in preferences. If you are outside of the US, you will need to buy at least the minimum amount of Lindens, to get your payment info on to your account.

There are a couple of things on the automated age verification that can stop it working correctly. If you have 2 last names such as Van Gough, enter it without the space between them. Also the system checks against public records which may not be up to date, if you have recently moved etc. try using older info if thats the case.

If you still can`t get it to work, there is no manual verification for Basic (free) accounts, so that may be why you can`t find the ticket,  you will either need to settle for account verification or upgrade to a premium account (even just for a month).

Hate to break it to you, but **bleep** is sort of the flavor of the month these days.

A certain ammount of patience is required when dealing with SL and LL.  One can't expect too much.  SL is a great place, due to the group of people who have made it their "home".  Dealing with this sort of "**bleep**" is sort of what we all have to deal with in order to get to the customer created world that is SL. 

At the top of this page is a tab titled "knowledge base".

Click on that.

Once there, you will see at the top right corner of the page a little search bar.  Type "age verification" there.

One of the first results, or the first will be a link to this page:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-verification/ta-p/700021#How_to_become_verified_as_an_adult

But... I guess you have a basic account like I do, right?  Then yep you are correct, you won't be able to put in a ticket.  LL decided that we basic accounts do not receive actual customer support and you can't submit tickets through the support portal (that's why you don't get the stupid tab).  If you want their help through that portal you will have to pay them.  Otherwise you will just get shuttled over to the knowledge base and here.

The first part of the page that link sends you to discusses how to update your payment info and sort of touches on how to adult verify without the support portal but is to be honest, less than perfectly clear. 

I did a dry run just to see what I would have to do and this is what I found:

Try logging into SL's website, and looking at your home page?  On the left side under your name there is several options including one labled "account".  if you click on that it will expand into a series of options including one for "age verification".  I checked this out with my basic account and this still works.

There is an application form there.

Oh, if you really want a glimpse into all of our futures RL, look into their "partner" Aristotle...  Interesting stuff.  Aristotle has an advertisement video that is truly amazing.

The future is now... (If you shudder just right it looks like you are smiling.) :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.