HELP!!! when Sit cannot use arrow keys to view oneself in 360 !!!!!

Othetus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HELP!!!  when Sit cannot use arrow keys to view oneself in 360 !!!!! When I stand up its ok, I can use the arrows to kinda see my front, but sit down the arrows wont work! i cannot rolling around, see the front/ in 360 views, please someone have the same situation HELP!!!! 

3 answers to this question

Maybe you aren't using the arrow keys correctly.  (I'm talking here about the arrow keys on your keyboard, not the mouse-controlled camera and movement controls you can put on your screen.)

Does your keyboard HAVE dedicated arrow keys?  Many laptops use keys that share arrows and some other character.  You'll have to be sure you're pressing the SHIFT or the FN keys to get these to work as arrows.  See your computer's instructions for details.

Also, in the following discussion, I assume you have already hit ESC three times.  This will get your cursor out of any chat or IM or other windows, giving the main window the "focus."

When you are standing, the left and right arrow keys turn your avatar, but your camera stays at the default position behind you.  As you turn, your view turns too.

When you sit, your avatar remains in place (of course) but the arrow keys should still swing your view so you can look around you.  NOTE:  When sitting, the arrow keys work in the opposite sense from when you're standing.

Whether standing or sitting, you can use keyboard shortcuts to control your camera, independent of your avatar.  Try this...

• Hold the ALT key.  The mouse cursor changes to a magnifying glass icon.  
  • Still holding the ALT key down, hold down your left mouse button, then move the mouse to move your camera view.  By placing your cursor on your avatar and doing this, you can swing your camera 360 degrees to see yourself from any angle.
  • Hit ESC to return the camera to the default view.

For more complete instructions, see my blog post on camming.

EDIT TO ADD:  If you have RLV functions enabled, there are some things that, when you wear or sit on them, disable your ability to cam using the above methods.  However, the on-screen camera controls will still work.  If you are using the stock LL viewer, this doesn't apply to you...it does not have RLV.  But many third party viewers do.  You can disable RLV by unchecking the appropriate box in Preferences, then re-logging.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.