Can someone help? I think someone is using my account to make griefer attacks, when im loged in.

Wolfshaman22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can somoene help? i think someone is using my account to make griefer attacks against  me and others in my round.That was happened first before oone week on my land.I was there with my two friend, when i was start suddenly farting one with animation.Than i was move to an other territorry and there was continue and my firends was start also farting.When i was change my avi or detach everything, everything was fine for a while.When iwas get back my avi it was starting again.That was before one week.Than nothing, i was think it is over, i was also rebuild my avi from fresh stuffs.Than  before 2 day someone was start farting again on my land and yesterday an other avi in a club where i was dance.i think someone is usibg my account or avis to make grifer attacks and disgusting animations with others.I dont know what can i do against this, maybe is there a script in my inventory that make this?Because i was not receive or accept anything from other strangers or friendsand i was higlight transparent my avi and my surroundings also, to see hiding objects but nothing. I was also inspect my sutts and clothings also that i use,maybe there an  script that make this but nothing. i was see my land and also nothing stranger object or script.And i was not accept anything from others too.Please can you help me?Because this is disgusting and childish.Andi have the feel maybe my account or avatars do this or someone following me to do this and ruin down my life.Please help me. Or this is just something occasion?

2 answers to this question

Hi Wolf,

Go to Me->Movement->Stop Animating Me. That should revoke permissions from anything that's animating you. You may have granted animation permissions to an object quite some time ago and don't remember doing so.

If a sound accompanies the animation (and it sounds like one does), it may be coming from a gesture. Open your inventory and search for "(active)". You'll get a list of active gestures. If any of those looks suspicious, right-click it and select "Deactivate".

If you think your account has been compromised (I doubt it), change your password.

Good luck!

• Like 1

It does not sound like anyone has gained access to your account (thank goodness!).  If that were the case, you'd see symptoms like $L transactions and inventory changes that you didn't make.

Maybe someone gave you something that is attached to your avatar, or a gesture that you have active.  However, you said you didn't accept any "free gifts" or offers from anyone, so that might not be it.  (Remember, with the exception of active gestures, nothing can do anything bad to you if it is just in your inventory.  Things must be rezzed in world or attached to you to have an effect.  Also, classic clothing layers cannot cause problems, even if you wear them, because they cannot contain scripts.)

If it isn't something you're wearing, it has to be a nearby object.  Some objects can "follow" you, but only while you are in the same region as them.  Try teleporting to a another region, and then just to be safe, to a third region in quick succession.  Do the annoying effects continue?

If you're sure it isn't an object, maybe it's a person.  It's very easy to become invisible except for your nametag.  Do you see any nametags floating around with nobody under them?  It's even possible to hide the nametag, too.  Use People/Nearby to see who's around.  If the same person appears in the list every time the annoying effects happen, they may be the culprit.  Try Muting them to see if the effects stop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.