Where can I set up a club? Do I need to buy a full Sim?

CallumYorkieLad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wanting to create a new club for the gay community but I'm not sure if I can do that on residential or commercial land. Do I need to buy a full sim? 

I'm wanting to make this club pretty popular and then go into partnership with someone to expand.

Not sure what size land I want but I'd just need enough to place a large building and have enough prims for general and adult furniture without spending a fortune.

Also how would be the best way to advertise this?

Thanks 

no you don't need a full sim. But you need enough land to host all the people you want to get in. Just land for your prims won't work, you also have to keep the use of reasonable sim resources in mind. You share that with others.

You can, but won't be popular, when you rent a small parcel and use the whole sim resources so other can't go to their home. Or lag the hell out of your neighbours.

Private landlords will not allow that anyway and redirect you to commercial land. Even than most won't allow more than one club on a sim.

You need moderate or adult themed land for a gay club, the content will not be general all the time. If there will be openly sexual content only adult will be able to have that.

Before you step really into it: clubs are money pits, you will not get profit out of it. Do it because you want to work for it, have no time for others things, and have enough funds to start. Dance animations, and all set ups will cost quite a few L$.

Advertsing goes by groups, think you will be in a few yourself too.

Thanks for replying.

I'm not sure how much money I will need but I have a fair bit so I'm ok for that it's just trying to find a place to do all this stuff on.

I'm wanting to set up this club to bring the community back together because most of the sims I used to go to have closed. Plus I dont want to give up on sl and this is a good way of making people have a reason to log on as I will be the kind of club owner who gets involved and improves the club as time goes by.

I just need a helping hand on the way.

Mainland sims support a max of 40 people at a time.  Private estate sims can support more if the owner allows it.  Some will be set to hold 60 people.  I wouldn't recommend more than that or you will have lag city. 

You will have to around and check out available commercial land.  Be sure to read the covenant as not all of them allow clubs.  Some limit how many clubs can be on a sim.  I'd look for land where only one club is allowed to avoid competing for sim resources as well as less lag.

You can start out with a smaller plot of land, but as attendance grows you'll have to move and maybe sooner rather than later if the community responds well.   So if you have the money, I'd start with a quarter sim and plan on moving to a half or full sim down the road if you get a large crowd. 

If and when you decide you need a full sim and have the money, if you buy one, the tiers will be cheaper than renting one.  However don't buy one from LL.  There is a secondary market where you buy them from another resident.  The price of the sim will depend on when the next tier is due and how motivated the seller is.  But you can generally get them for half or less than the cost of one from LL and there is no set up fee.  There is a charge to transfer the ownership.  Who pays that fee is negotiable with the seller.  At the time of the transfer you can move the sim and rename it.  This will cost extra if you do it after the transfer.  Here is a link that explains the process.

I want to add that if you want to bring the community back together you will need years of work.

Next to that, there are still a few clubs in your range that have a pretty well visitorcount and events.

Arsenal, Zeus, Spurt, GMC, the Gay Pride festival, the Winter fest and Summerfest at GA, Boystown beach, and quite a few more... those have proven their stability over the years, some not even spend a lot on building, but environment and social bonding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.