latest viewer linux mint 17.2. no plugin text/html help?

Yoshi Charron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just installed the second life viewer (new install) in linux mint 17.2

there is a box that pops up and won't go away saying no plugin for mime type text/html

and of course I can't launch a browser in viewer or see any web content.

and the text box won't go away no matter how many times I click on it.

help?

1 answer to this question

Yoshi,

That pop-up box may be the Terms of Services prompt. It seems that your Linux distro doesn't include a defined mime type for text/html which that box requires to proceed. Usually this pops-up an CEF [internal internet Browser] based dialog box.

Get-around Number 1) Borrow a Windows PC and install the Standard SL Viewer on it, Then log into all your avatar accounts one by one and accept the Terms of Service Agreement.

Afterwards, Your login should proceed further on the SL Viewer on your Linux Mint 17.2 distro.

EDIT:

This long-awaited project replaces the aging LLQTWebKit system used in the Web media plugin with a shiny new one based on the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) that supports modern web technologies. In fact, we think this is such a big deal that we're cranking the Viewer version number to 4.0.0.

Note: Linux users who have not accepted the terms of service will need to go to my.secondlife.com to accept them on the web before logging in. CEF will not currently work on Linux, though the viewer will continue to function.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.