Second Life Marketplace Review System is PATHETIC!!!!!

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

It's general search. Some stores having 50+ pages of the same thing.

I can assure the store owners don't want it that way either. But since MP doesn't offer any version list functionality, it's the only option if you want to offer your customers a choice of colors or textures or other minor variants. Texture changing HUDs and scripts aren't always a good solution for several reasons.

Edited by ChinRey

1 hour ago, Arkanus Andel said:

Again I have no idea what stores you've been visiting nor what items you've been running a search for but I have yet to run into such a thing. No building, clothing item, avatar modification/part or complete avatar could contain enough variations for over 50 pages of 'the same thing' at 96 items a page.

Tagging an item with several terms also has little effect outside of making that item appear in searches that include those terms. It does not cause the items to show up more than once in the same search.

What is wrong with how the forum looks you ask? It is designed for mobile devices and requires anyone with sight issues to enlarge the page/zoom in to even begin to read it, all the while the interface elements are shifted around or removed and placed into one of those awful hamburger menus.

Almost every site on the internet is designed for device responsiveness and nearly all of them use the same font size so I have no idea why you're complaining. If it's that much of an issue for you then don't get on the internet. And hamburger menus are designed for less clutter. I suppose they could have used a drop down menu but a hamburger menu is literally the same thing. 

21 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Almost every site on the internet is designed for device responsiveness and nearly all of them use the same font size so I have no idea why you're complaining. If it's that much of an issue for you then don't get on the internet. And hamburger menus are designed for less clutter. I suppose they could have used a drop down menu but a hamburger menu is literally the same thing. 

Enlarging the page/zooming in is second nature at this point as it is something I have to do even for pages with a larger font size. It is a secondary gripe.

Device responsiveness is a wordier way of saying that web designers are catering to those who almost never view web content on anything other than a smartphone or tablet. If I wanted to see a mobile interface while using this forum I would use a smartphone or tablet.

As for hamburger menus vs. drop down boxes: A drop down box would have been preferable as there is this trend where page designers try and cram everything they can into the hamburger. This does not reduce clutter at all, it simply shifts it to a pop in menu.

Log in/Log Out, Mark Forum Read, Account options, Notifications and Messages really shouldn't be in there as an example though your mileage may vary.

Edited by Arkanus Andel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arkanus Andel said:

Enlarging the page/zooming in is second nature at this point as it is something I have to do even for pages with a larger font size. It is a secondary gripe.

Device responsiveness is a wordier way of saying that web designers are catering to those who almost never view web content on anything other than a smartphone or tablet. If I wanted to see a mobile interface while using this forum I would use a smartphone or tablet.

As for hamburger menus vs. drop down boxes: A drop down box would have been preferable as there is this trend where page designers try and cram everything they can into the hamburger. This does not reduce clutter at all, it simply shifts it to a pop in menu.

Log in/Log Out, Mark Forum Read, Account options, Notifications and Messages really shouldn't be in there as an example though your mileage may vary.

Responsive design simply scales the site to match the screen size of whatever device you're using. The solution to your problem would be desktop so just use that. 

And sign in/log out should def go in the hamburger menu for responsive forums along with activity. I get notifications and it's easy for me to keep track of everything. Don't know why you're having difficult honestly. Simply tap the menu. It's not hard. 

9 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Responsive design simply scales the site to match the screen size of whatever device you're using. The solution to your problem would be desktop so just use that. 

And sign in/log out should def go in the hamburger menu for responsive forums along with activity. I get notifications and it's easy for me to keep track of everything. Don't know why you're having difficult honestly. Simply tap the menu. It's not hard. 

It seems to have gone right over your head that I am in fact using a normal computer to access and use this forum. A truly responsive design would notice that a user is not using a mobile device and cease swapping to such an interface when the user enlarges/zooms.

What is your reasoning for placing Log In/Out, Notifications and Messages in the hamburger menu as opposed to somewhere on the main areas? If it is for no reason beyond what you call reducing clutter then honestly all I can say to that is that such is your opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arkanus Andel said:

It seems to have gone right over your head that I am in fact using a normal computer to access and use this forum. A truly responsive design would notice that a user is not using a mobile device and cease swapping to such an interface when the user enlarges/zooms.

What is your reasoning for placing Log In/Out, Notifications and Messages in the hamburger menu as opposed to somewhere on the main areas? If it is for no reason beyond what you call reducing clutter then honestly all I can say to that is that such is your opinion.

Then what in the bloody hell are you complaining about then if you're using desktop view? Unless you're using accessibility in windows...just enlarge the font size then not the whole page. If you want help with that, I'll help ya. 

And the reason for not placing the login/logout button is that with this design, there's no room and adding a simple text option...well, YOU probably wouldn't be able to see it lol

2 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Then what in the bloody hell are you complaining about then if you're using desktop view? Unless you're using accessibility in windows...just enlarge the font size then not the whole page. If you want help with that, I'll help ya. 

And the reason for not placing the login/logout button is that with this design, there's no room and adding a simple text option...well, YOU probably wouldn't be able to see it lol

Yes, let's enlarge the font size using the in web browser settings. Oh wait, that is a global setting and should be set based on an average of the pages one visits. Care to guess which one is the oddball there?

"Desktop View" does not exist. The forum does not have separate viewing modes which respond to the device accessing the page.

To close this: I am quite well aware of what options exist and how to use them. As I said in my last response, if the forum really was designed to be "responsive" then it would be redirecting mobile users to a setup that is designed for their device.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arkanus Andel said:

Yes, let's enlarge the font size using the in web browser settings. Oh wait, that is a global setting and should be set based on an average of the pages one visits. Care to guess which one is the oddball there?

"Desktop View" does not exist. The forum does not have separate viewing modes which respond to the device accessing the page.

To close this: I am quite well aware of what options exist and how to use them. As I said in my last response, if the forum really was designed to be "responsive" then it would be redirecting mobile users to a setup that is designed for their device.

That's responsive design, genius.

8 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

That's responsive design, genius.

I am well aware what this forum looks like when accessed on a mobile device as I see exactly that when enlarging the page. A truly responsive design would not shift to that interface on a normal computer, period.

I do not have to do this for the majority of places I visit so your 'suggestion' is not viable.

It does not take a genius to figure such a thing out nor does it take one to understand how one's settings should be set for optimum viewing across more than one page.

Have a good day, your attitude will get you nowhere.

Screenshot_2017-08-04_10-43-06.png

Edited by Arkanus Andel
  • Like 1

Just now, Arkanus Andel said:

I am well aware what this forum looks like when accessed on a mobile device as I see exactly that when enlarging the page. A truly responsive design would not shift to that interface on a normal computer, period.

It does not take a genius to figure such a thing out nor does it take one to understand how one's settings should be set for optimum viewing across more than one page.

If you're using accessibility then yes it will and it's working as intended BECAUSE you're EXPANDING the page. Deal with it. As I said, you have zero understanding of how it works.

5 minutes ago, Arkanus Andel said:

@Arkanus Andel just stop using settings and get these...Cj0KCQjwtpDMBRC4ARIsADhz5O4rvBd4joqMhxp5ZuYNhR0PB3i7kc0043O3vfz6ey1OsS5FdgeuU6caAtlsEALw_wcB

• Moderators

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have chosen to lock this thread as the comments have gone off topic.

If you wish to discuss design and layout issues, or search issues, on the Marketplace, please create new threads for those topics and continue the conversations in the appropriate thread.

Thank you!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.